Airborne
Topic Author

The rebirth of a Alien R.P.G.

Mon 20 May 2019, 21:45

The world of "Aliens" is a treasure cove of adventures, it has given me so many years of pleasure in group and solo play with many different rules, Intruder, Aliens, Aliens D 20 and AvP. It is a setting that even its owners could not decide on what to make cannon. Players are so varied in the world journey that they wish to travel, and which aspects of history and time line they like, so it is with a total delight when I saw were  you began your time line. It is at this time  location, were every person appears to be on the same road. Just after Aliens but before Aliens 3. Here are the richest scenario possibilities,  and one of the best "Villans" in the form of Weyland. Intrigue, espionage, spying, colonisation, all are rife in this world. Many scenarios we played  did not even feature the "star beast". Marines are one above the Marshalls in settling problems, other player characters we used were Pilot, ICC official, Corp workers, scouts, engineer, medic, scientist, colonists and children. It as been the longest running game that my wife and myself have been involved in , this year August see`s my 65th birthday. and as we have just moved again. This  will be my longest absent from Aliens  as I`ve not played R.P.G. since last October. but have stayed true with books and AvP wargame. Although I`m not familiar with your rules, I can`t wait to buy a copy  whatever rules any one uses new sand box is great  you`ve a good "rep"  and Aliens deserves  a new spin of life  and new adventures.                                                                                                                                                                                                          Cheers to all who travel this new journey.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Airborne and Gingernut.    

Umberto Octo

Re: The rebirth of a Alien R.P.G.

Mon 20 May 2019, 22:32

8-)
"Se til helvete å komme dere vekk. Det er ikke en bikkje! Det er en slags TING!
Det imiterer en bikkje. Det er ikke virkelig! Kom dere vekk, IDIOTER!"

Airborne
Topic Author

Re: The rebirth of a Alien R.P.G.

Tue 21 May 2019, 22:21

Cheers Umberto thanks for the cool imo,  I have your, take-what -you want-leave the -rest, attitude. I love the horror of the creature, building up a slow boil of pressure until it  spews out of control with danger.My GM`ing  allowed the players to slowly learn aspects of the beasts life, and then really learn how to use that smart gun. Nothing like a school slap in the middle of the colony, with angry parents ready to lynch the over zealous smart gunners.:How long have you been a Aliens fan?.