Arnold
Topic Author

Alpha- Rules

Tue 26 Dec 2017, 20:11

I have just read a little bit in the swedish Alpha- Rules. Okay, i´m not talking swedish, but my motherlanguage is german, and some words are similar. So this is what i found out:

They make 7 races, Humans, Dwarfs, Orcs, Elves, Halfelves, Halflings and Wharge (Wulfman). Each race seems to have a specific race talent.
 Comment: For me, thats seems to fit. I wouldn´t like to see Minotauers and Lizardman as Playerraces, these 7 are cool.

Then their are 8 classes. Druids, Hunters, Thiefs, Fighters, Mages, Skaldes and two others with crazy names. One seems to be traders, and the other riders, and here, i ´m not sure what this class is. The main attribute is Intelligenz, so are they scouts or knights or what? I haven´t found out!

Then, they made 16 skills, 4 for each attribute. 

Each class seems to have 3 options to take class talents, which can also be increase with XP.
And the casters (druid and mage) can choose from different passes such as Bloodmagic, Stonesongs or Rune Magic.
Looks cool, so far.

mrfish

Re: Alpha- Rules

Tue 26 Dec 2017, 22:04

A sorry attempt at translation:

Druid: druid...
Jâgare: hunter/ranger
Krigare: fighter
Magiker: mage
Nasare: tradesman. Judging by their "talents" they can choose to be good at trading, lying or have access to a "special" sack of items from which they can draw most mundane items.
Ryttare: "horseman" (described as light* - their description makes me think of the eastern european and central asian nomads: "The open steppe, a clear day, and a swift horse" ). They can choose talents which makes them good at fighting from horseback, have a special relationship with their mount ("animal companion") or increase their movement both in and out of combat (fleeing).
Skald: bard
Tjuv: thief
Last edited by mrfish on Wed 27 Dec 2017, 18:35, edited 1 time in total.

Brior

Wed 27 Dec 2017, 10:29

Ryttare: "horseman" (described as light* - their description makes me think of the eastern european and central asian nomads: "The open steppe, a clear day, and a swift horse" ). They can choose talents which makes them good at fighting from horseback, have a special relationship with their mount ("animal companion") or increase their movement both in and out of combat (fleeing).
Indeed my main inspirations for the riders of Aslene have been scythians and parthians. The ones in Ravenland are refugees from the demon carnage in their homelands and mainly from two clans, ”kvarder” and ”galdaner” (quards and galdanes?) that traditionally are enemies but have been ordered to keep their peace if they want to stay.

King_Kull

Wed 27 Dec 2017, 11:35

Indeed my main inspirations for the riders of Aslene have been scythians and parthians. The ones in Ravenland are refugees from the demon carnage in their homelands and mainly from two clans, ”kvarder” and ”galdaner” (quards and galdanes?) that traditionally are enemies but have been ordered to keep their peace if they want to stay.
Why not call them Kvarder and Galdaner - it’s their name and will give them a sound unique to the setting.
I am king!

Brior

Wed 27 Dec 2017, 13:54

Why not call them Kvarder and Galdaner - it’s their name and will give them a sound unique to the setting.
Sure, the translation is not my call though. This is indeed what they are called in the setting. Did you perhaps mean they should be called this in the rules? I understand that FL wants the rules to be generic, so a setting-specific name on a class probably won't do.

King_Kull

Wed 27 Dec 2017, 19:33

Sure, the translation is not my call though. This is indeed what they are called in the setting. Did you perhaps mean they should be called this in the rules? I understand that FL wants the rules to be generic, so a setting-specific name on a class probably won't do.
Yes, call them Kvarder and Galdaner in the rules. For a class take the name in English but as this is the name for a tribe so call them by their names in the rules. I like this in a game - but I’m only one guy ;)
I am king!

Andres

Thu 28 Dec 2017, 15:05

Edit: Moved the post (which was in Swedish) to the Swedish corner.
Last edited by Andres on Thu 28 Dec 2017, 19:30, edited 1 time in total.

Tomas
Site Admin

Thu 28 Dec 2017, 17:31

Great feedback, thanks! However, as this forum section is in English, would you re-post this post in the Swedish corner please? I can't seem to move it. Thanks!
Fria Ligan

Arnold
Topic Author

Sat 30 Dec 2017, 10:57

Is it correct that for the mage and the druid there are classtalents which give access to different spellcasting- ways like bloodmagic, runemagic or stonesinging. Each on three levles (1, 2 and 3) and that each level gives you access to some spells or rituals?

Is it possible for a mage or a druid to learn two or more ways of casting or has he to select his carrer at the beginning and the other ways are closed? 

Blatifagus

Sat 30 Dec 2017, 12:50

Is it correct that for the mage and the druid there are classtalents which give access to different spellcasting- ways like bloodmagic, runemagic or stonesinging. Each on three levles (1, 2 and 3) and that each level gives you access to some spells or rituals?

Is it possible for a mage or a druid to learn two or more ways of casting or has he to select his carrer at the beginning and the other ways are closed? 
If they can find a teacher, they can learn more magic.