Kaeam

Re: Star Wars Conversion - Force Powers

Sun 23 Apr 2017, 21:54

I have some feedback about Force Jump:
  • Being able to jump anywhere within Close range (2 meters) is really unimpressive. I would use the jumping ranges from Quick (Coriolis p.77) as a baseline for the power.  :roll:
  • Extending the jumping range by one category per success (Close (2 meters) -> Short (20 meters) -> Long (100 meters) -> Extreme (1 kilometer)) is way too powerful. I would increase the jumping range by 2 meters horizontally OR 1 meter vertically per extra success/Force Point.
  • Suggestion for the falling damage reduction: While using the power, the number of dice rolled for falling damage (Coriolis p.97) becomes [number of meters fallen - 4] - [number of extra successes spent on vertical height]. For example, if the character spent 3 successes to improve her vertical jump, she is able to fall 7 meters without prompting a falling damage roll.

ConnorsRPG
Topic Author

Mon 24 Apr 2017, 01:41

I was going to do Force Surge (just like Quick) where both speed and Jump checks are affected, but watching the Star Wars movies and animated series, there are some AMAZING jumps being made. Many vertically (up & down too).

I wanted to make this power represent those. This is high-magic style Jump. Some of the Clone Wars leaps are from cliff-tops etc.

I don't think jumping is too powerful, not matter how far. I can't see many needs for jumping so far away from your group anyway.

Combined with fast speed, this might be too powerful, so I have kept separate. A one-off jump to me is fine. Again, trying to emulate the movies, not too worried about 'balance'. I don't see the need to take a Force Power like this if it only helps you move normal distance and be slightly better than others at jumping. This is The Force. And it is once off. FPs will run out fast ;)

ConnorsRPG
Topic Author

Mon 24 Apr 2017, 02:12

OK, reigned in Force Jump a little. I still want it to be like the movies - leaping to different level walkways etc. All increments are now in Short dist. (20m).

Can still leap 2m on fail.

This is so much more than Quick - that still represents an enhanced leap. The Force should be way beyond that - well is in the movies. Jedi are going to leap around far more than another person with some cybernetics. You could characters with both in the game - you may even have someone with both.