neilcford

Re: The ALPHA PDF - questions, comments, errata

Fri 23 Dec 2016, 18:40

It is quite common now to use female pronouns when talking about the players and male ones when referencing the GM or vise-a-versa. A much neater solution than putting slashes everywhere. So I don't expect it to be changed for the final version.

moniker

Fri 23 Dec 2016, 18:57

page 77:
Goverment -> Government
Teatcher -> Teacher

You should do an editable Google doc for collecting the proofreading comments, otherwise it will be a mess, and too hard work to see what had already been reported.

Svante Landgraf

Fri 23 Dec 2016, 21:27

Something that's purely about taste -- I would love to see a more 80's typeface than Sabon, which feels far too classical to me. Also, I'd recommend a hanging indent for the etries in the contents section, to better distinguish between second lines and new entries when looking things up. (For example, "Roleplaying, how does it work?" on page 2. There could be an indent in front of "how".)

Other than that, it all looks excellent so far. Well done!
(sound of spatiotemporal holocaust)

esplanades

Fri 23 Dec 2016, 21:32

Lots of people (myself included) have posted comments to the Dropbox file itself; please make sure you read those!

menschi

Fri 23 Dec 2016, 23:30

Page 44 of the English version has a placeholder for an image of an Item "image: 80-ies item".

Also, while you might be intentionally be using the word "deleted", to me that makes this sound more like a computer game than an RPG. You explain later that this is a mechanic that players cannot carry over items to the next scenario, but "deleted" makes it sound like some weird mechanic of the game (i.e. aliens mysteriously destroy the items). This is more of a nit-picking comment, but I would have just said players must remove items from their inventory after the session is over
Last edited by menschi on Fri 23 Dec 2016, 23:41, edited 1 time in total.
"His name is Bobo. He knows no mercy."
-- Simon White-Thatch Potentloins (a/k/a Peanuts the chimpanzee)

Elof

Fri 23 Dec 2016, 23:38

Am I stupid, missing something or ?  Can the players put points on ANY skills or just the ones that they can be well trained in? does the rules clearify this anywhere? how many points if any can they put in the well trained vs normal skills?

Tomas
Site Admin
Topic Author

Fri 23 Dec 2016, 23:59

You can spend your 10 skill points on any skills you want, yes.
Fria Ligan

Tomas
Site Admin
Topic Author

Sat 24 Dec 2016, 00:02

We are aware of of the placeholder (Latin) text and the placeholder images (grey plates), so you don't need to remark on that. :)
Fria Ligan

menschi

Sat 24 Dec 2016, 00:03

Am I stupid, missing something or ?  Can the players put points on ANY skills or just the ones that they can be well trained in? does the rules clearify this anywhere? how many points if any can they put in the well trained vs normal skills?
You can put a maximum of 3 points in any one skill; that determines how well versed at that activity you are. So jocks could have the best starting rolls to move for example - maximum of 5 points in body plus a maximum of 3 skill points in move = 8 dice to start with. If you were going against type and making a fast bookworm, you could only have a maximum of 7 dice since body is not the key attribute for bookworms, so you could only have 4 attribute points.
"His name is Bobo. He knows no mercy."
-- Simon White-Thatch Potentloins (a/k/a Peanuts the chimpanzee)

Victor Lopes

Sat 24 Dec 2016, 00:45

First of all, congrats on the wonderful job so far. This ALPHA is awesome. 
Well, while reading it, on page 33, it says "Kalle and Olof imme- diately ran inside and started shout- ing to test the echo. ", but I believe the word immediately does not need to be separated as it is not at the end of the sentence.