Angelman

Re: can aliens counterattack?

Mon 01 Nov 2021, 19:29

they get 2 initiative cards with ONE signature attack with each card. sorry if it's was not clear enough.

so you can count the second (card) attack for a counterattack if you like (that was my point).
Not your fault, sir. I was confused 'cause I'm stupid.

Say, sorry for butting in on the OP question, but I think this place fits my question well, so... I recently had a situation where a player wanted to use a pistol shot stunt to Pin Down a Xeno, causing it to lose it's next Slow Action. I couldn't immediately find any rules saying this couldn't be done, so I allowed it, thinking it might serve for an interesting scene. The next question, of course, then became, what does "lose the next Slow Action" mean for a Xeno with signature attacks? In the end, not wanting to get bogged down, I just ruled that it lost its next signature attack and got to move if it wished. But how would all y'all deal with such a scene?
A xeno (or monster in FbL) use their slow action to do their signature attack (or monster attack in FbL). Their fast action can be used to move around (or whatever they can do with a fast action).
Cool, well then I didn't break the rules, which is nice for a change. I sort of thought the Xenos and such were a bit... wishy-washy and loose with the rules, but if their Signature Attack is their Slow Action, then that makes things clearer. Thanks, Fenhorn!
"And the rain sets in,
it's the Angelman.
I'm deranged".
--David Bowie, I'm Deranged

_ArthurDallas_

Mon 01 Nov 2021, 19:41

I did brake the signature attack rule one time. An alien grabs 2 girls NPC in my game Mission 3 Operation Quiet Catch and I gave the permission to one character (Tanya) to push the xeno away with a successful opposed strength roll with the xeno. It was serving my storyline (didn't want to lose those characters) ...

Fenhorn

Mon 01 Nov 2021, 19:53

Sometimes the narrative is more important than that you follow specific rule.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Grimmshade

Fri 05 Nov 2021, 05:00

I often interpret the Signature Attacks to best fit the narrative at the time.