ottarrus
Topic Author

A Couple of Noob Questions

Fri 15 Oct 2021, 14:13

So, I backed the T2K4e kickstarter and I'm wondering if Aliens uses the same system mechanics.
Anyone know?

Angelman

Re: A Couple of Noob Questions

Fri 15 Oct 2021, 17:26

So, I backed the T2K4e kickstarter and I'm wondering if Aliens uses the same system mechanics.
Anyone know?
ProTip, always read through the KS article :)

"The core rules of the game build on the Year Zero Engine (used in award-winning RPGs such as ALIEN, Tales From the Loop, Forbidden Lands and Mutant: Year Zero), but heavily adapted to fit Twilight: 2000 and its focus on gear and gritty realism.

Twilight: 2000 will be crunchier and have less random elements than other YZE games. Twilight: 2000 will get a solid ruleset that captures the gritty, realistic feel of the original, but in a more accessible way and that fully realizes the potential for sandbox gameplay. We aim for a system that retains depth and complexity, but that is less granular and easier to use.

Instead of a dice pool as in other YZE games, Twilight: 2000 uses a two-dice system. You'll roll one base die for your skill and one base die for the attribute connected to that skill. Base dice range from D6s to D12s. Skills and attributes are rated from A to D, with a better score giving you a better die to roll. Attributes and skills are fairly broad, with specialties used to fine-tune your character. Combat uses battlemaps with 10-meter hexes to regulate movement and ranged attacks. Extensive systems for critical injuries as well as component damage to vehicles give crunch to the system, while keeping it fast and playable."
"And the rain sets in,
it's the Angelman.
I'm deranged".
--David Bowie, I'm Deranged

pfarland

Re: A Couple of Noob Questions

Fri 15 Oct 2021, 17:53

Anyone know?
I did as well and how I found out about the Aliens RPG. You will definitely see the same core, if some changed mechanics. You will certainly catch on quick to the rules, which overall are much simpler than the T2K versions.
"Load up, strap in, lock and load, and save the last bullet for yourself."