capnhayes
Topic Author

Scale different between spacecraft and vehicles and characters

Wed 01 Sep 2021, 20:42

Is there a difference between the damage done on characters and vehicles? If not is there a difference in the scale of damage done between characters/vehicles and spacecraft? If yes what is the difference? Just looking for clarification on how much damage a 25mm Autocannon would do to a Xenomorph? Is there a difference in the damage scale between characters, vehicles and spacecraft?

Fenhorn

Re: Scale different between spacecraft and vehicles and characters

Thu 02 Sep 2021, 16:47

In other YZE-games there is no difference so I assume there is no difference here either.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Klas Bas

Thu 02 Sep 2021, 19:31

Page 197 in the core rules under the headline HULL DAMAGE states ”Spaceships take damage just like people, but the scale is different.”

Fenhorn

Thu 02 Sep 2021, 19:39

Page 197 in the core rules under the headline HULL DAMAGE states ”Spaceships take damage just like people, but the scale is different.”
Ok, there you have it. I don't know what that mean to be honest so someone else who knows more about this game than I do have to answer what it means.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Tomas
Site Admin

Thu 02 Sep 2021, 20:31

Hello!

The scale is the same for characters and normal vehicles (i.e. the rules in Chapter 5 and weapons and vehicles in Chapter 6).
The scale is different for spacecraft (i.e. rules and craft in Chapter 7).
Fria Ligan

capnhayes
Topic Author

Thu 02 Sep 2021, 22:43

Yes but what is the scale difference? So we add extra dice to damage, i.e. spacecraft weapons add a +6 modifier to damage against vehicles and characters. Do characters or vehicle have -6 modifier to damage against spacecraft? I know they are scaled different, I just don't know what that specific difference is.

_ArthurDallas_

Tue 14 Sep 2021, 20:22

I understand the question, I thought about it too. Try not to mix the 2 rules, that's a suggestion. But If you think of something, I would like to read it. It up to any Game Mother I think.

_ArthurDallas_

Tue 14 Sep 2021, 20:34

Maybe I have an answer, "keep it cinematic". That means a PC can survive a fight againts a crushing big ship or something big falling on him. There was I firefighter who survived 911 just at the ground level of the 2 towers. Anything is possible you see. Keep it cinematic and it will work.

ExileInParadise

Thu 16 Sep 2021, 16:17

Maybe I have an answer, "keep it cinematic". That means a PC can survive a fight againts a crushing big ship or something big falling on him. There was I firefighter who survived 911 just at the ground level of the 2 towers. Anything is possible you see. Keep it cinematic and it will work.
If a giant Juggernaut is about to roll and squish you ... drop and roll to the side 3 times to escape ;-)
And when it tips over - hide next to a rock...
We live, as we dream -- alone. ~ Joseph Conrad

_ArthurDallas_

Thu 16 Sep 2021, 19:04

yes keep it cinematic ....