Pangea

Re: Roll20 Module Bundle- Feedback and suggestions

Tue 03 Nov 2020, 20:28

Sorry if this is not the correct thread for this question-- if I run a game of Destroyer of Worlds on Roll20, and use that module (DoW), then I cannot also attach the Starter Set, correct?
So I get the DoW stuff, but not the basic rules handouts etc.?
(or is there a way to create a game with both modules?).
Playing in France, and online

Fragpuss
Topic Author

Wed 04 Nov 2020, 12:38

I think I read somewhere that if you have a 'Pro' subscription, there is something called 'the Transmogrifier' that you can use to copy material between games, but otherwise, no I don't think you can. Would have been nice if the bundle combined the two to get around that.

Elric2020

Thu 05 Nov 2020, 21:06

Yes there is a rollable table set up for each dice type - the modules also use the character sheet that someone published on Roll20 a while ago, which enables easy dice rolling for skills, etc.
Ok, thanks Fragpuss.

About tokens, it's fairly easy to do your own, at least the round variety. Tokenstamp is very handy: http://rolladvantage.com/tokenstamp/

I can't remember if you can copy the existing commercial tokens to your hardrive and then modify them (add contrasting rims, or maybe reverse colours or whatever)? Or you should have them in PDF, so you could use them as starting point? I hope that is allowed for your own use?

Thanks. But my point is that FL can fix this issue at no cost. Yes, we can upload our own tokens, but this isn't like replacing pieces in the physical set. For the price I'm paying (twice since I got the physical set and the Roll20 set), they should have better tokens included for the visually challenged.

Elric2020

Thu 05 Nov 2020, 21:45

I absolutely did not understand how to use the differents decks of cards.

- Are the agenda attached to the corresponding PC when they are distributed at the start of each act ?
- How to distribute the initiative cards? Knowing that a xenomporph can have up to 3 cards depending on its speed.
- How to give a .357 Magnum to a PC ?

In fact, the module gives me the impression of being useless because I do not understand how it works even after watching tutorials on Roll20.

I haven't run a game yet, but I'm NOT planning on using the decks except maybe for the Initiative deck. I'll be using the weapons handouts in the Journal section instead of the Item Deck and the Agendas in the Journal section instead of the Agenda deck. I've also moved around the handouts to group the Characters, Agendas, and Weapons near each other. I'll share the Agendas as we change Acts and Weapons as they use them.

Fragpuss
Topic Author

Fri 06 Nov 2020, 00:25

I absolutely did not understand how to use the differents decks of cards.

- Are the agenda attached to the corresponding PC when they are distributed at the start of each act ?
- How to distribute the initiative cards? Knowing that a xenomporph can have up to 3 cards depending on its speed.
- How to give a .357 Magnum to a PC ?

In fact, the module gives me the impression of being useless because I do not understand how it works even after watching tutorials on Roll20.

I haven't run a game yet, but I'm NOT planning on using the decks except maybe for the Initiative deck. I'll be using the weapons handouts in the Journal section instead of the Item Deck and the Agendas in the Journal section instead of the Agenda deck. I've also moved around the handouts to group the Characters, Agendas, and Weapons near each other. I'll share the Agendas as we change Acts and Weapons as they use them.
I think those agenda cards in the journal have been added since release, which is great. Thanks Fria Ligan.

Elric2020

Fri 06 Nov 2020, 21:42

A few minor things need correction:

Starter Set and Chariot of the Gods
In the Journal section:
Miller's Agenda card for Act III needs the title corrected. It currently reads, "Miller's Agenda - Act"
Rye's Agenda card for Act I needs the title corrected. It currently reads, "Rye's Agenda - Act"

Edit to Add:
In the Journal section:
Rexim RXF-M5 EVA Pistol item's weight needs to be corrected to 1/2
Last edited by Elric2020 on Tue 10 Nov 2020, 21:46, edited 2 times in total.

4AcrossIsEmu

Mon 09 Nov 2020, 16:44

Yeah, i just bought this as i wouldn't have time to set up everything myself, for our Thursday game. Now i find myself double checking it all as i found errors, which defeated the point of buying it. The weapons on the sheets also don't have their bonuses included, its a pretty sloppy effort. I also want to say that Chaplins back story in his bio for Destroyer of Worlds was really silly. This is on me for not reading it but i gave access to the PCs and all the players now know about Jaell and the Lifeforce, and basically not to trust Chaplin at all... That really annoyed me, and potentially hurt/spoilered the whole game. That could have went into personal agendas in the inside of the sheet which is private until given to the players.

i just paid $20 extra (i have the box set) for bad cropping and lack of forethought, spoilers, and i have to check their working anyway.

vaultboy

Mon 15 Mar 2021, 15:39

i just bought the bundle on roll20 and the lack of tokens really annoys me. I mean its advertised as "all you nee to play" and its not ready.
you have to check everything and than build your own tokens.

it would be really nice if some free leagues member would comment this whole topic

ersanzop

Tue 05 Apr 2022, 11:30

I would have liked the maps sized better for the tokens. techzpod mobdro download