NotRussellCrowe
Topic Author

Alien is now on Fantasy Grounds

Wed 14 Oct 2020, 22:56

That's right, it's now officially on Fantasy Grounds!
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/pr ... GFLFALE002

And you can also pick up Destroyer of Worlds as well on Fantasy Grounds
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/pr ... GFLFALE014

dmnov

Re: Alien is now on Fantasy Grounds

Thu 15 Oct 2020, 11:10

When is Roll20 coming??

NotRussellCrowe
Topic Author

Thu 15 Oct 2020, 14:13

I don't know anything about roll 20, but I can tell you great things about Fantasy Grounds :D

mselberg

Thu 22 Oct 2020, 00:05

This is three early Christmas presents!
Looking forward to embark on a new adventure with my friends!

Now I'm only missing Forbidden Lands and then my Fantasy Grounds fantasy is complete :)

NotRussellCrowe
Topic Author

Thu 22 Oct 2020, 02:26

This is three early Christmas presents!
Looking forward to embark on a new adventure with my friends!

Now I'm only missing Forbidden Lands and then my Fantasy Grounds fantasy is complete :)
A previous interview with one of the FL gentlemen indicated that Forbidden Lands was coming to Fantasy Grounds. This was mentioned in the same sentence when talking about Alien so hopefully it's not a mispoken comment and it actually hits. In fact I think this is the video with Tomas but I cannot recall where in the video this part of the conversation resides.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz3nxsnjABA

Elder Thingy

Tue 27 Oct 2020, 16:53

Alien is now on Roll20 too! Destroyer of Worlds and Starter set

Fragpuss

Wed 28 Oct 2020, 19:06

I bought the Roll20 bundle this morning and I must admit, I'm regretting it.

I've spent an hour or so going through it and there are a few things that, in my opinion, haven't been done properly - they've included the wrong pregens in the starter set (the marines from Destroyer of Worlds rather than the crew of the Montero), the agenda cards have been set up as a card deck rather than handouts, which makes them hard to pick out and give to the right players without a lot of faffing about, and the handouts of the deck plans, etc. have the text (including spoilers) from the scenario in their main body rather than the GM-only section, so they can't just be given to the players (unless you go through and edit them all).

All in all, it's very disappointing for paid-for material, it feels like it's been rushed and not thought through or reviewed properly. I bought it to save myself time, but I'm still going to have to put quite a bit of effort in to make it really useful.

I'd love to see more official FL content for Roll20, but not at the cost of their (usually very high) production values.

Elric2020

Wed 28 Oct 2020, 20:39

I've spent an hour or so going through it and there are a few things that, in my opinion, haven't been done properly - they've included the wrong pregens in the starter set (the marines from Destroyer of Worlds rather than the crew of the Montero), the agenda cards have been set up as a card deck rather than handouts, which makes them hard to pick out and give to the right players without a lot of faffing about, and the handouts of the deck plans, etc. have the text (including spoilers) from the scenario in their main body rather than the GM-only section, so they can't just be given to the players (unless you go through and edit them all).

All in all, it's very disappointing for paid-for material, it feels like it's been rushed and not thought through or reviewed properly. I bought it to save myself time, but I'm still going to have to put quite a bit of effort in to make it really useful.

I'd love to see more official FL content for Roll20, but not at the cost of their (usually very high) production values.
Same. I was waiting for the Roll20 to save my lazy self some work.

Maybe we should start a new topic with Roll20 errors and Suggested fixes?

Fragpuss

Thu 29 Oct 2020, 00:18

Same. I was waiting for the Roll20 to save my lazy self some work.

Maybe we should start a new topic with Roll20 errors and Suggested fixes?
I've set one up - have at it.