A_Veidt
Topic Author

Future scenarios/campaigns

Tue 01 Sep 2020, 22:26

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is a roadmap for ALIEN rpg regarding cinematic scenarios and campaign books. I know the Colonial Marines book will be coming out soon (?), but not sure if that will contain any playable content straight out of the box.

Also, do we now if there are any planned scenarios with no xenomorphs? This is a fascinating setting and, to a point, maybe a bit spoiled by constantly bringing up xenos, in my opinion. The current cinematic scenarios are great, of course, but wouldn't it be nice to have something focusing on corporate espionage, a rogue AI, a raising rebellion or a catastrophe in a new but highly contested colony?

InHarmsWay

Re: Future scenarios/campaigns

Wed 02 Sep 2020, 18:43

You should check out the homebrews that are out there. I actually have a couple you might be interested in.

I created a homebrew Tremors campaign:
https://www.reddit.com/r/alienrpg/comme ... ell_ridge/

I also created a xenomorph cinematic scenario where you face dinosaurs and mercenaries. It is possible to never see any xenomorphs or neomorphs.
https://www.reddit.com/r/alienrpg/comme ... ge_planet/

A_Veidt
Topic Author

Wed 02 Sep 2020, 19:19

Thanks, I'll definitely take a look to those.
A bit off-topic question, but not so unrelated: is there going to be a community content program for ALIEN, like we have for other Year Zero games?

Vader

Fri 04 Sep 2020, 15:01

Thanks, I'll definitely take a look to those.
A bit off-topic question, but not so unrelated: is there going to be a community content program for ALIEN, like we have for other Year Zero games?
Remains to be seen of course, but until information to the contrary is posted, I'd be inclined to doubt it, since Fria Ligan doesn't own the property themselves.
[i]Before[/i] clicking that response button — [i]are you sure you actually [b]read[/b] it?[/i]

...[i]and[/i] checked if something more was posted after it? ;)

jonathanpay

Thu 17 Sep 2020, 11:41

> maybe a bit spoiled by constantly bringing up xenos, in my opinion

Xenomorphs in my Alien RPG?!

> is there going to be a community content program for ALIEN, like we have for other Year Zero games?

Unlikely, as stated by Vader, FL just have the licence for the RPG medium of the property and its unlikely to extend to the FLW.