Phaerim
Topic Author

Question before buying the bundle Alien RPG starter Pack

Mon 27 Apr 2020, 14:23

Hello ! 

I am thinking about buying the bundle (with the starter set and the Dow) and i wanted to know about the pdf's promised in the bundle. 

When will we have access to them ? I guess the Dow pdf will come later but the starter set pdf will come faster ? Does they include the maps and token ? 

Finally is it possible to use the pdf ressource in roll 20 if i want to do an online session ?

Many thanks in advance for your answers !  

Tomas
Site Admin

Re: Question before buying the bundle Alien RPG starter Pack

Mon 27 Apr 2020, 14:34

Hello!

The PDFs will be sent in a few weeks, we don't have an exact date yet but pretty soon. We should be able to send the Starter Set PDFs earlier yes, as those are already almost completed.
Fria Ligan

Phaerim
Topic Author

Mon 27 Apr 2020, 14:49

Thank you very much for your fast answer ! 

Okay that is a very good news for the pdf's, i had one last question, how the starter set is different from the core rulebook (aside the tokens, maps and dices) ? As the starter set is around 150 pages and the corebook 400 i am confused if i will have all i need with the starter set to understand the rules and start a campaign. 

Jonbertsch

Tue 28 Apr 2020, 01:15

Thank you very much for your fast answer ! 

Okay that is a very good news for the pdf's, i had one last question, how the starter set is different from the core rulebook (aside the tokens, maps and dices) ? As the starter set is around 150 pages and the corebook 400 i am confused if i will have all i need with the starter set to understand the rules and start a campaign. 
My guess is that the starter will be mostly rules only... The bigger core book is like 2/3 lore, setting, world building tables, mission generators and the like. 

MPOSullivan

Tue 05 May 2020, 22:19

I was coming here to ask this exact question! I've promised to run the game for some friends next weekend (May 16th). I have the core book already, and would really like the starter set for all of the good materials in there. I was thinking about getting the separate PDFs on DrivethruRPG, but if the PDFs are already included in the Starter Set purchase, I would much rather just order that.

Is there an updated idea of when the PDF for the Starter Set would go out with preorders?

berger15

Sun 17 May 2020, 20:05

Haha - I was about to contact FL to see if this should have been sent already, but thought best to check here first! Hopefully something will be sent to us in the coming days.

Phaerim
Topic Author

Sun 17 May 2020, 20:08

I sended a message yesterday and they told me we will receive the PDF's "In a matter of weeks"