Jonesy64
Topic Author

The Betty

Sat 04 Apr 2020, 20:34

Has anyone done stats for the Betty and/or deck plans.? Since the USCSS Sotillo, the Mantis class resupply ship in Chariot of the Gods seems to be designed on the Betty.

Black Dow

Re: The Betty

Sat 04 Apr 2020, 21:52

Bizarrely just clocked that this evening when doing some campaign research and was going to ask the boards the same thing...

Checked online for some schematics of The Betty but have come up with naught so far. 
David: "I have a problem with this."
Jude: "Which part?"
David: "The part where we're running around down here in the dark with that fucking thing chasing us."

Jonesy64
Topic Author

Sat 04 Apr 2020, 22:58

Black Dow

Sun 05 Apr 2020, 11:47

I doff my cap sir. Stirling work finding this.
David: "I have a problem with this."
Jude: "Which part?"
David: "The part where we're running around down here in the dark with that fucking thing chasing us."

Gebohq

Sun 05 Apr 2020, 22:25

It would be nice if future Alien RPG installments included stats for the Mantis-class like the Betty, since Ripley did claim it was "older than her" (which means it'd have been available since Alien) and would be a nice nod to a movie that otherwise can't (or shouldn't) be included in the RPG material. Given how long it's in service, I imagine it'd highly durable/dependable, the AK-47s of spaceships, though maybe in the Alien RPG timeframe, they're more "top of the line"/expensive than they would be by Alien Resurrection. In any case, I definitely didn't realize until just now that the particular ship was a nod to the Betty in the first place! :o
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net

S.M

Mon 06 Apr 2020, 03:49

The only thing in those floorplans that looks about right is the cargo bay.

Jonesy64
Topic Author

Wed 08 Apr 2020, 03:54

Andrew E Gaska commented on the Facebook page The Sotillo is indeed the same type. There will be stats and whatnot for the Mantis in an upcoming publication. Andrew E Gaska A note about ship deckplans in the alien universe: there is a lot of space used for machinery in these things. A mantis likely has a bridge, cargo bay, cryosleep, break room and engine room—that’s it. If they have a life pod, it would be small. That fits with the other stuff we’ve seen.