jasonmd2020
Topic Author

Getting PDF copy after buying physical book at local game store

Wed 08 Jan 2020, 08:07

Just wondering if there was any way to get a PDF copy for no/reduced cost after buying the physical book at my friendly local game store?

jasonmd2020
Topic Author

Re: Getting PDF copy after buying physical book at local game store

Wed 08 Jan 2020, 15:29

Yeah I know about that. But I was wondering if there was some kinda deal if you already purchased a hardcopy. Like the way Evil Hat does with their books. If not I understand, but it'll be hard to explain to the wife that I bought the same book twice! ;)

Moderator Action: Changed the oversized emoji to a smiley of a more moderate size.
- Fenhorn

hockyman68

Wed 08 Jan 2020, 20:55

Ah, ok I got you. That would be nice. I prefer to buy from my FLGS. I now have the book and having a PDF would be amazing.

Dittohead

Wed 08 Jan 2020, 21:54

I was wondering the same thing as the OP. I would love to buy from Free League, too. Unfortunately, their only payment option is Paypal, which is not available to me. So to get both hardcopies and PDF, i would have to buy them at a game store AND drive-thru RPG, is that correct? Epic price difference! I'd love credit card as a payment option for the Free League Online Shop.

Jonbertsch

Thu 09 Jan 2020, 19:11

Free League is part of https://www.bits-and-mortar.com/ Not might help you now but keep that in mind on future purchases(if you have a local store that is part of the program). 

cole.hill127

Fri 10 Jan 2020, 07:01

Yeah I know about that. But I was wondering if there was some kinda deal if you already purchased a hardcopy. Like the way Evil Hat does with their books. If not I understand, but it'll be hard to explain to the wife that I bought the same book twice! ;)
The bundle comes with PDF copies of everything

Spiraller

Sat 11 Jan 2020, 09:36

Try writing to Modiphius and attach a proof of receipt. That's how I got Mutant Year Zero pdfs after purchasing hardcopies.

The1TrueFredrix

Sat 11 Jan 2020, 10:44

Try writing to Modiphius and attach a proof of receipt. That's how I got Mutant Year Zero pdfs after purchasing hardcopies.
Try emailing the service desk at Free League. Modiphius are not co-publishers/distributing Alien
Effekt - A fan podcast celebrating Swedish RPGs including, but not limited to: Alien; Coriolis; Forbidden Lands; Symbaroum; and Tales from the Loop. Featuring discussion magazine episodes and Actual Play recordings. https://effektpodcast.org/

Spiraller

Sat 11 Jan 2020, 11:24

Try emailing the service desk at Free League. Modiphius are not co-publishers/distributing Alien
Yeah, this person might be right.