The JollyGM
Topic Author

Play By Post Game on RPOL.NET

Wed 01 Jan 2020, 15:10

Hey everyone,

For the last few weeks I have been running a test game of Alien on the Play By Post website, RPOL.net. 

I only opened it up to a few people, just to see how it would run in this type of format. Personally, I think this system really shines when played in a PBP format. I am enjoying running it as a test. So, with that being said, I think I am going to try and start a larger more serious game if I can generate more interest in it. So, I figured I would send out a few feelers here, to see if anyone would be interested in getting involved in such a game. 

I have been posting the games progress since we started it just before Christmas, on my blog page. So if you want to see what its like, feel free to drop by my blog a read the first 3 parts.

www.thejollygm.blogspot.ca

Alien Lost Souls: Part 1
Alien Lost Souls: Part 2
Alien Lost Souls: Part 3
Alien Lost Souls: Part 4

I like this format, as it is a fun play using this.  And it does not take a lot of commitment to play, as I consider a very active game to be 2 or 3 posts a week. So, if I can get a few of you, who would be interested in trying PbP out, let me know. No experience required. 

(Shameless plug) 
Also, I have been blogging for a few years now, and I built up a good following on G+. But when Google+ got axed a few years ago. I lost all my followers, so, if you do like what you see, subscribe to my blog. Knowing people are interested in what I do, inspires me to keep blogging. Currently I only have 6 followers, down from my several hundred a few years ago!. (/Shameless plug)
Last edited by The JollyGM on Tue 07 Jan 2020, 08:24, edited 1 time in total.

Jonbertsch

Re: Play By Post Game on RPOL.NET

Thu 02 Jan 2020, 17:07

I'm game! I'm creating an account with RPOL.net now...

Riggswolfe

Thu 02 Jan 2020, 17:49

I didn't even know this site existed and am seriously tempted!

Jonesy64

Thu 02 Jan 2020, 20:17

I'm playing Manni and somehow escaped a xeno unarmed with only a scratched helmet :D I like how it's set up with a dice roller, you can add maps, etc.

The JollyGM
Topic Author

Thu 02 Jan 2020, 21:22

Hey Jonesy!! I did not know you were lurking here as well!

Yeah, its a good design for play by posts.. You can really deck it out, maps, notes, secret msgs.. it does it all. The site was created back in the day, long before skype, discord, virtual tabletops.. I have been using it off and on for years now.. 

You survived, cause I rolled 10 dice, and not one 6! did I roll!!! I was as shocked and surprised as you! LOL

So, there appears to be some interest. Until I get a few more who are interested, I do have room for a few more test subjects if they want to try it out for a bit. 

The JollyGM
Topic Author

Thu 02 Jan 2020, 21:25

I'm game! I'm creating an account with RPOL.net now...
If you are interested in joining the test game, feel free to PM me on here I will send you the instructions on how to join. As I got 3 more characters who have not been killed.. errr picked yet. 

Better yet, do a search/browse for game on RPOL, and look for games run by me.. ShotGun_Jolly... 

grogthing

Thu 02 Jan 2020, 23:36

I am very interested in joining your play by post Alien game!

The JollyGM
Topic Author

Fri 03 Jan 2020, 10:09

Wow, this is kinda blowing up.. 

The JollyGM
Topic Author

Fri 03 Jan 2020, 16:15

And with this, I have all 8 characters created, filled by players! nice!

Jonesy64

Fri 03 Jan 2020, 16:29

The more the merrier :D