Diego

Re: Alien films

Wed 22 Jan 2020, 15:28

It also has a comic version and maybe a novel. I haven't looked into it but I'm of the opinion that almost anything would be better than the Alien 3 we got.
I don't know, I was onboard with the Gibson one until you got weird hybrids turning up making it way too cartoony. But then I live the extended version of Alien 3.

Also for someone who mentioned fox not going with the other script because of it focussing on bishop and hicks is a little off the mark. The script is that way because weaver said she wouldn't do another. That's why she's mostly absent.
Alien: Wanderer
https://alienwanderer.obsidianportal.com/
Session 3 now up

S.M

Thu 23 Jan 2020, 07:42

Although Gibson was writing in 1987 and 1988, the Cold War theme would've instantly dated the flick upon release too once the wall came down in '89.

Weaver was initially going to come back for the fourth film, after Hicks and Bishop were front and centre for the third.  Brandywine wanted more cyberpunk, but Gibson's script was more straightforward action.  After the Eric Red and David Twohy scripts, Fox said they wanted Ripley back.

Diego

Thu 23 Jan 2020, 10:53

Although Gibson was writing in 1987 and 1988, the Cold War theme would've instantly dated the flick upon release too once the wall came down in '89.

Weaver was initially going to come back for the fourth film, after Hicks and Bishop were front and centre for the third.  Brandywine wanted more cyberpunk, but Gibson's script was more straightforward action.  After the Eric Red and David Twohy scripts, Fox said they wanted Ripley back.
And my lord the closing lines by Bishop are so very cringe.
Alien: Wanderer
https://alienwanderer.obsidianportal.com/
Session 3 now up

S.M

Fri 24 Jan 2020, 08:41

Yeah.  Right sentiment, wrong phrasing.
GZIP: Off