2nd Ltd Niceyard
Topic Author

I got it today!!!

Mon 11 Nov 2019, 23:17

Hello Alien Forum!

Today I received my Alien RPG together with some cards and dice and I decided to register here and get in touch with other players (and eventually designers) to get the most of it and avoid misstakes.

I couldn't unpack it yet. But I guess it's not really the lack of time but more the lack of courage. I just fear of opening it and being disappointed by something. So at the moment it is a kind of perfect state of having it beside me on the table and not being put down by something. As a long time Alien RPG fan I played dozens of adventures with the old game from Leading Edge and I really hope it is a great thing and supports the way I love to play. I don't know anything about the game system and its principle mechanics yet.

In another forum I heard that the smell of the book is quite strange (because of the high colour saturation). Does anybody has a trick to get rid of the smell?

And is there some helpful advice how I'm going to get involved with the game if I want to be GM? Are there things of big importance and others which can be left out at the beginning?
How do I start best?

Kind regards, Niceyard

The1TrueFredrix

Re: I got it today!!!

Tue 12 Nov 2019, 00:12

The smell? breath it in! Relish the high!
How to start ? Check out our top tips for new Alien GMs in this episode, and the next episode which will feature more top tips from other GMS
Effekt - A fan podcast celebrating Swedish RPGs including, but not limited to: Alien; Coriolis; Forbidden Lands; Symbaroum; and Tales from the Loop. Featuring discussion magazine episodes and Actual Play recordings. https://effektpodcast.org/

2nd Ltd Niceyard
Topic Author

Tue 12 Nov 2019, 02:07

Ah the hint with the podcast was very nie. Didn't know this one.
I enjoyed it quite much after heavy breathing of fresh print. :D

Diego

Tue 12 Nov 2019, 02:19

It is a wonderful smell, isn't it?
Alien: Wanderer
https://alienwanderer.obsidianportal.com/
Session 9+ now up

Fenhorn

Tue 12 Nov 2019, 02:22

It is a wonderful smell, isn't it?
I can't wait to smell it. Hopefully tomorrow  :D
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Diego

Tue 12 Nov 2019, 02:40

It's worth the wait buddy. Bet at least you've been enjoying the pdf.
Alien: Wanderer
https://alienwanderer.obsidianportal.com/
Session 9+ now up

Fenhorn

Tue 12 Nov 2019, 02:57

I have, but I like to read lying down in my sofa. Hopefully that will be tomorrow, or actually today (according to the tracker).

Belgeval

Tue 12 Nov 2019, 03:18

Yes! Everything about the books is absolutely great. It is a true piece of art, made by fans for fans. Loving everything: the layout, the art, the retrofuturistic aesthetics with the green CRT scanlines and all...

By the way, I have a question: this is the first time I take part in a Free Leage preorder. How and when will the PDF versions be made available to us?

Thanks in advance :).

Fenhorn

Tue 12 Nov 2019, 03:29

Yes! Everything about the books is absolutely great. It is a true piece of art, made by fans for fans. Loving everything: the layout, the art, the retrofuturistic aesthetics with the green CRT scanlines and all...

By the way, I have a question: this is the first time I take part in a Free Leage preorder. How and when will the PDF versions be made available to us?

Thanks in advance :).
You should have gotten an email about that, so look in your spam folder. If you have got an email with a link (to DriveThruRPG usually) please email support@frialigan.se

Belgeval

Tue 12 Nov 2019, 03:49

Well, I actually got a mail telling me my order had been shipped, but nothing else. And no links to DriveThruRPG or anything...

P.S.: Oh! I have just logged in in my DriveThruRPG account and I see I have some new goodies to download! Thank you so much!

P.S.: It is the Corebook, the Maps and Markers Pack, and Chariot of the Gods. Is that allright? No PDF for the screen?