FiendishlyInventive

Re: Love the work put into this

Wed 13 Nov 2019, 14:41

It's the one part of the Alien's biology that I'm okay with making no sense- and that is the way it's always depicted, although people have suggested that because of their acid blood, the creature "recharges" instead. Being bio-electrical, and David in the Special Feature "Advent" describes the Alien as a biological A.I.
A survivor, unclouded by conscience, remorse or delusions of morality...

Diego

Wed 13 Nov 2019, 17:15

Yeah but if David says it I immediately want to revolt. That android is the worse thing to happen to the franchise imho.

I don't mind science been spiffy in stuff. But it can't be immersion breaking and something that doesn't eat, yet grows and can squat out more eggs than it's own body mass is seriously immersion breaking.
Alien: Wanderer
https://alienwanderer.obsidianportal.com/
Session 3 now up

FiendishlyInventive

Wed 13 Nov 2019, 18:14

Nah, he isn't. And what he says is canon, whether we like it or not. And it's no more immersion breaking than it's growth speed in my opinion, it was always part of the original 1979 film so it's certainly not something that breaks my immersion.

Diego

Wed 13 Nov 2019, 23:17

Not in my game he says isn't and thankfully not in this product either. If I'd seen in the xenon write up they are a product of his tampering I would have died a little.
Session 3 now up

FiendishlyInventive

Thu 14 Nov 2019, 01:51

I don't enjoy that idea myself, everything else gets a thumbs up from me.

Diego

Thu 14 Nov 2019, 02:04

I will give the 'new' films one thing. Neomorphs make for a nice support villain. So do abominations. I'm sure as hell glad we get Chariot of the Gods so we have those to use as well.
Session 3 now up

Bloodwrought

Thu 14 Nov 2019, 08:19

Nah, he isn't. And what he says is canon, whether we like it or not. And it's no more immersion breaking than it's growth speed in my opinion, it was always part of the original 1979 film so it's certainly not something that breaks my immersion.
I've really grappled with David being the progenitor or the titular Alien since Covenant dropped. And I think we need to really look at the fact that what he says isn't always true. One has to take with a grain of salt almost anything David says. He lied about Shaw. He lied about the deployment of the Pathogen. He told Oram the eggs were perfectly safe. He was wrong about who wrote Ozymandias. He has massive delusions of grandeur.
All that laid bare, anything he says has to be widely distrusted. When he talks about genetic manipulation, or about creating the perfect organism, he could very well be lying. He could be living in a fantasy. For all we know, the Pathogen/Black Goo/Accelerant is simply following it's own evolution. And that, perhaps, the Engineers weren't the ones who manufactured it. Maybe they found it, as well, and were experimenting with it.

Regardless, there's still a lot of wiggle room in the canonical facts based on the reality that David is severely flawed. And a massive stranger to the truth.

I love what Fria Ligan have done to tie everything together. The marriage of the different source materials works for me. 

Diego

Thu 14 Nov 2019, 10:52

I'll second that blood. Just wish mr Scott would stop pimping him out. Covenant is a great film until he shows up.
Session 3 now up

Bloodwrought

Thu 14 Nov 2019, 19:23

I won't dispute that, Diego. The introduction of David in Covenant changed the tone of the film. And while David was a hi-light, for me, in Prometheus... his moustache twirling villainy in Covenant was tiresome.

And, honestly, I think Ridley needs to let someone else drive.

Diego

Fri 15 Nov 2019, 02:36

I won't dispute that, Diego. The introduction of David in Covenant changed the tone of the film. And while David was a hi-light, for me, in Prometheus... his moustache twirling villainy in Covenant was tiresome.
Ironically in Prometheus he is about the best thing in it.
Session 3 now up
GZIP: Off