Grimmshade

Re: Miniatures tips.

Wed 29 Sep 2021, 16:32

Here are the miniatures (painted) from the Alien: Fate of the Nostromo board game.
Attachments
img.jpeg
img.jpeg (131.12 KiB) Viewed 1690 times
img(2).jpeg
img(2).jpeg (203.32 KiB) Viewed 1690 times
img(3).jpeg
img(3).jpeg (159.02 KiB) Viewed 1690 times

Brian McReynolds

Wed 29 Sep 2021, 21:30

Those look awesome! Lovely 'paint-job'!

Grimmshade

Wed 29 Sep 2021, 21:46

Thanks!

Angelman

Wed 29 Sep 2021, 21:54

Top notch paining, man! I especially like Parker; white clothing is very hard to do, I find.

But I have a question... who's the guy on the left? Is that mini supposed to be Kane? (I mean no criticism of your painting, I just don't recognize any characters in the sculpt... Is it a generic 8th member character in the game, or something?) Or is it Lambert? (Looks like a male?)
"And the rain sets in,
it's the Angelman.
I'm deranged".
--David Bowie, I'm Deranged

Grimmshade

Wed 29 Sep 2021, 22:21

It's Lambert, and I agree that it's definitely the worst of the mini sculpts.
I understand why they didn't, but I wish they had included Kane and Ash minis.

Angelman

Wed 29 Sep 2021, 23:22

It's Lambert, and I agree that it's definitely the worst of the mini sculpts.
I understand why they didn't, but I wish they had included Kane and Ash minis.
MV5BNzcwZTg3MDMtMTk4MC00ODA3LTg2MjAtYWI1MzZmODgyMzUzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg
MV5BNzcwZTg3MDMtMTk4MC00ODA3LTg2MjAtYWI1MzZmODgyMzUzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg (65.86 KiB) Viewed 1676 times
"And the rain sets in,
it's the Angelman.
I'm deranged".

Fragpuss

Wed 03 Nov 2021, 22:00

Found this brilliant project for ALIENS mini STL's on Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wa ... ns-stl-set
45 EUROs for all that? That sounds extremely cheap! Could it be a scam?

With Kickstarter you can never be certain until you've got your rewards delivered, of course — nature of the beast — but I'm inclined to doubt it.

As I noted, and as it even explicitly says in the campaign's title, they're not offering a bunch of miniatures for €45. You pledge €45 for a folder of stereolitography files that you then take to a 3D printer and print out miniatures from. It's good value, yes, but does not strike me as unreasonably cheap.
The kickstarter mentioned a pledge level that allowed people to operate as resellers, I think. I found a company on Etsy selling actual printed minis, Phalanx Printing. I ordered some eggs, spider-looking creatures, snakey-things and a large creature that looked as though it might be about to 'charge' someone. I wasn't sure what the quality would be like, I was half expecting them to be like the cheap flimsy plastic tat you get in Christmas crackers, but was pleasantly surprised, everything seems quite nicely detailed and sturdy.

Angelman

Sun 27 Feb 2022, 12:02

Hey, all,

I've got a stupid noob question that y'all might be able to answer. I want to build up my collection of minis for my Alien game, and I'm contemplating buying some off one of the many 3D-printing sites. However, I started my collection with the Another Glorious Day in the Corps game and I don't want to mix the set with larget scale minis, so I wonder... Is it possible to scale down the 3D-printing files to make printed figures a similar sice to the AGDitC ones? Thanks :)

As a follow-up, does anyone here know of other good minis (human civilians and military) that look right beside the AGDitC ones?
"And the rain sets in,
it's the Angelman.
I'm deranged".

Brian McReynolds

Sun 27 Feb 2022, 22:21

"As a follow-up, does anyone here know of other good minis (human civilians and military) that look right beside the AGDitC ones?"

I've found that Northstar Miniatures official plastic Stargrave range are almost exactly the same size & scale as GF9's AGDITC miniatures. I bought 2 of each of their sprues (Crew, Mercenaries & Troopers') from eBay for approx. £5 per sprue. I intend to use their Troopers as UPP Military, whilst the Crew & Mercenaries will be used as civilians, crew & mercenaries/resistance fighters. Hopefully, this is helpful.

Angelman

Sun 27 Feb 2022, 22:39

"As a follow-up, does anyone here know of other good minis (human civilians and military) that look right beside the AGDitC ones?"

I've found that Northstar Miniatures official plastic Stargrave range are almost exactly the same size & scale as GF9's AGDITC miniatures. I bought 2 of each of their sprues (Crew, Mercenaries & Troopers') from eBay for approx. £5 per sprue. I intend to use their Troopers as UPP Military, whilst the Crew & Mercenaries will be used as civilians, crew & mercenaries/resistance fighters. Hopefully, this is helpful.
Thank's mate! That is very helpful indeed. There's a lot of useful stuff there :) Great!

(Should anyone have any other suggestions, or answrs to the 3D-printing question, then please do share :D )
"And the rain sets in,
it's the Angelman.
I'm deranged".