Fenhorn

Re: Corebook Errata

Tue 19 Nov 2019, 12:03

"layout failure"

That's the level this thread is going towards, you don't like when a rule starts on one page and ends on the next, ok. I think I will leave commenting on this thread to others, since these sort of things is by design and commenting will only start a debate that will clutter down this already cluttered down thread.
“I’d say thistles, but nobody listens to me, anyway.” - Eeyore

Diego

Tue 19 Nov 2019, 13:42

"layout failure"

That's the level this thread is going towards, you don't like when a rule starts on one page and ends on the next, ok. I think I will leave commenting on this thread to others, since these sort of things is by design and commenting will only start a debate that will clutter down this already cluttered down thread.
The bulk of the errate was caught in the first three pages. It shouldn't come as a surprise that the last five would largely be nit picking.
Alien: Wanderer
https://alienwanderer.obsidianportal.com/
Session 3 now up

aramis

Tue 19 Nov 2019, 23:19

"layout failure"

Tables and their modifiers should be on the same facing pair of pages for usability.  Ideally, on the same page. Given the whitespace on that page, it's fair to say the mods should have been at the foot of the table, whether or not they're on the page prior, since that page will not be visible in the book when it's open.
—————————————————————————
Smith & Wesson: the original point and click interface...

Deep_Impact

Sat 23 Nov 2019, 08:14

Sounds like a good suggestion but not for the errata section.

ExileInParadise

Wed 27 Nov 2019, 22:56

Core Rulebook page 361 Novgorod Station was most likely constructed in 2130, not 2030 as listed.
We live, as we dream -- alone. ~ Joseph Conrad

ExileInParadise

Wed 27 Nov 2019, 23:02

Page 21
     USCSS Miranda on course for HR 2429 which is not shown on map.
We live, as we dream -- alone. ~ Joseph Conrad

Vader

Thu 28 Nov 2019, 18:27

Don't know if it's a bug or a feature, or if I'm just missing something ... but I have seen no readily discernible reason why the Hadley's Hope plans on pages 376-377 are repeated on pages 384-385, except with messier colours.
- They're a bit like Facehuggers, aren't they?
- Face ... huggers?
- Yeah, you know. Alien.
- ...?
- The horror movie, Alien.
- There's a horror movie called Alien?? That's really offensive! No wonder everyone keeps invading you.

Deep_Impact

Thu 28 Nov 2019, 18:36

Is one supposed to be a 'player' version with less information on?
If you load them both in a graphic programm and make an overlay you´ll see easily, that there is no difference beside the color and some minor difference in the layout.

Guess that page 384+ is the the appendix with character sheets, combat map and the map of the cinematics. It just seems wired due their proximity of only eight pages. Beside I´m not a fan of this lime-green design, but it´s better readable when printed B/W.

Vader

Thu 28 Nov 2019, 18:44

Still not finding that OP, for some reason ... thanks though, DI.

I take it then no-one else really has found a good reason for it, either.

One might have chosen to use the other one to place out monsters and items for the GM's benefit...
- They're a bit like Facehuggers, aren't they?
- Face ... huggers?
- Yeah, you know. Alien.
- ...?
- The horror movie, Alien.
- There's a horror movie called Alien?? That's really offensive! No wonder everyone keeps invading you.

jason78ka

Fri 29 Nov 2019, 02:44

Has anyone been able to find the Abomination info on page 292.
GZIP: Off