Deep_Impact

Re: Corebook Errata

Mon 11 Nov 2019, 20:33

End of the day there isn't the council of Alien sat deciding what is cannon and what is not.
There is, not a council, but a person in charge to organize and observe the canon. Tomaz talked about it in one of the podcasts.

One of these three, guessing the first one...

Effekt Podcast - In Sweden No One Can Hear You Scream
interview with Nils and Tomas
https://www.effektpodcast.org/episodes/ ... you-scream

Plot Points Pod - Alien RPG to Burst Out of Free League Publishing Ep. 140
An Interview with Tomas Harenstam
https://directory.libsyn.com/episode/in ... _id/408750

Tavern Chat E348
(~ 4:00)
Ziemlich chaotisch, kann man sich eigentlich ersparen...
https://open.spotify.com/episode/38emCv ... cITh60Hing

FiendishlyInventive

Mon 11 Nov 2019, 20:45

Yeah, you're correct and I know the status of it isn't fractured, not at all- the stuff that doesn't work generally is put in it's own; "Non- canon to the current Alien continuity box."

But nothing's stopping you from homebrew integrating stuff that's no longer considered official continuity.
A survivor, unclouded by conscience, remorse or delusions of morality...

Deep_Impact

Mon 11 Nov 2019, 20:50

But nothing's stopping you from homebrew integrating stuff that's no longer considered official continuity.
101% agreed!

Diego

Tue 12 Nov 2019, 00:37

Bit harsh when that is literally the films conflicting with each other, but then I generally have put covenant/prometheus line into the 'separate continuity box'
Alien: Wanderer
https://alienwanderer.obsidianportal.com/
Session 3 now up

Diego

Tue 12 Nov 2019, 00:59

Getting back on to the topic of Errata, I have come across potentially something that is either a mistake or a slight design over sight.

The vehicle bay module has the following ratings:

1 - ATV
2 - VTOL Gyrocar
3 - APC, Tractor

First off I noticed that the VTOL has no comma after it, so that means the slot 2 vehicle bay can only take the VTOL gyrocar, not the VTOL Cheyanne. Regrettably that means there is no specific entry that supports putting the Cheyanne in. Now perhaps I am missing something and you're supposed to treat the Cheyanne as a spaceship (perhaps one of the elusive class A or B's) and instead it goes in a hangar rather than a cargobay. But to that end I am struggling to get the design decision that treat the vehicle bay like it is.

What really stands out to me is the tractor needing to be in a slot 3 vehicle bay. According to it's stats it's only 6.6m, putting it much closer in size to the class 2 gyrocar at 5.2 and far away from the apc's near 10m. I also understand the APC requiring a bigger slow because of the sheer mass that thing will carry (we all know the line from Aliens of what that thing can do). But requiring a slot 3 hangar from the tractor? I mean accordingly the same slot 3 can have a cryochamber that takes 50 people, or 250 tons of cargo, a class D EEV that has ftl capabilities, or better yet a class C starship in a slot 3 hangar

Is it just me or does this seem odd?
Session 3 now up

FiendishlyInventive

Tue 12 Nov 2019, 03:58

The films don't conflict with each other, apart from use of the Building Better Worlds phrase, Prometheus' laughable "science" and the proportions of the Engineers, something the RPG itself addresses. The Alien itself in Covenant is a alternate version, according to the RPG- and according to The Cold Forge (The best Alien entry since 1986 and 1992) the implantation of Plagiarus praepotens is always instantaneous but the Facehugger may stay on to protect the development of the Chestburster.

Deep_Impact

Tue 12 Nov 2019, 08:58

Please discuss the canon in another tread, it´s nothing to be errated.

Diego

Tue 12 Nov 2019, 11:18

The films don't conflict with each other, apart from use of the Building Better Worlds phrase, Prometheus' laughable "science" and the proportions of the Engineers, something the RPG itself addresses. The Alien itself in Covenant is a alternate version, according to the RPG- and according to The Cold Forge (The best Alien entry since 1986 and 1992) the implantation of Plagiarus praepotens is always instantaneous but the Facehugger may stay on to protect the development of the Chestburster.
I disagree but do invite you to PM me if you wish to continue this.
Please discuss the canon in another tread, it´s nothing to be errated.
Yup what I've been saying all along and why I tried to move the conversation on to peoples thoughts on the vehicle bay.
Session 3 now up

Yuber Okami

Tue 12 Nov 2019, 13:31

There is consistent typo in the last sections where secession wars become succession ones.

Secession war: war on which a territory wages war in order to attain its independence from another political entity

Succession war: a war which starts after the death of the country's ruler between factions supporting different candidates.

I really feel Alexandria and many other had secession wars...

FiendishlyInventive

Tue 12 Nov 2019, 15:50

Alright I'll stop. lol Let you get on with the Corebook Errata logging.
GZIP: Off