Deep_Impact
Topic Author

Re: Corebook Errata

Thu 05 Dec 2019, 09:11

Maybe we have different opinions what an errata is. It's the list of errors, not the corrected version. There is no official errata, yet.

But there is no need to argue about it. :D

Diego

Thu 05 Dec 2019, 11:11

I've spoted something that looks like another typo on page 127.
SUITS AND ARMOR table states that a piecie of IRC Mk.50 Compression Suit costs $15,000 and grants AGILITY –1, Air Supply 5.
Just line below we see the IRC Mk.35 Pressure Suit for $2,000 with Air Supply 4.

On the next page we can read that Mark 50 was state of the art when introduced to service, while Mark 35 is cheap and bulky military version.
Shouldn't the AGILITY –1 penalty be assigned in the table to cheaper Mark 35?
While I get your agility point, the price difference does make sense to me. While statistically better, people won't be buying a space suit for the armour value. While we as players appreciate it because of the likelihood of combat, in setting the better suit is the one that does its job better, which is keeping you breathing. The top of the line spacesuit is the one that keeps you breathing, not the one that stops bullets the best.
Alien: Wanderer
https://alienwanderer.obsidianportal.com/
Session 9+ now up

sathyr

Thu 05 Dec 2019, 14:27

Maybe we have different opinions what an errata is. It's the list of errors, not the corrected version. There is no official errata, yet.

But there is no need to argue about it. :D
Either way, if your point is you're upset that the first round of corrections only addresses the six primary mechanical problems and not the pages of formatting and spelling issues you've identified, MY point is... I think that's a silly thing to be upset about.

I'd say the fact that the devs identified the same problems we did, addressed them quickly (before the book's even hit the shelves) and are personally engaging with the fans.. that's a good thing, not a bad one.

Deep_Impact
Topic Author

Thu 05 Dec 2019, 14:56

It isn't my point.

Back to topic, please.

sathyr

Thu 05 Dec 2019, 16:52

It isn't my point.

Back to topic, please.
Then can I ask what is?

Since you maintain the fan-errata, and you said you were leaving it (and the game itself) because of what Fria Ligan posted on FB, I think it's pretty on-topic to talk about why. You've been providing a valuable service and I'd hate to see that go away.

Fenhorn

Thu 05 Dec 2019, 17:38

Moderator Message:

The topic of this thread according to OP is to collect erratas and typos in one place in a shared docs file provided by OP. This is a good idea (the reason this thread is stickied). This thread is not a good place to debate errors and typos or to debate the idea of the thread, this can be done in other threads. If OP for some reason removes the docs file, then that is his choice. The thread as is, is still a good idea.

FL knows about this thread (and the docs file). When FL posts errata lists they usually only add the major ones, rarely small errors or typos. FL will work on this game for a long time so just because a small error or a typo wasn't fixed with this update, doesn't mean that it won't be fixed later on. The game hasn't been officially launched yet.

Also, chill out, we are all friends here.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Diego

Thu 05 Dec 2019, 18:07

Moderator Message:

The topic of this thread according to OP is to collect erratas and typos in one place in a shared docs file provided by OP. This is a good idea (the reason this thread is stickied). This thread is not a good place to debate errors and typos or to debate the idea of the thread, this can be done in other threads. If OP for some reason removes the docs file, then that is his choice. The thread as is, is still a good idea.

FL knows about this thread (and the docs file). When FL posts errata lists they usually only add the major ones, rarely small errors or typos. FL will work on this game for a long time so just because a small error or a typo wasn't fixed with this update, doesn't mean that it won't be fixed later on. The game hasn't been officially launched yet.

Also, chill out, we are all friends here.
Incidentally while you are here. Will the books now been sold include the corrections, or are you now selling the extra books from the print run?
Alien: Wanderer
https://alienwanderer.obsidianportal.com/
Session 9+ now up

Deep_Impact
Topic Author

Thu 05 Dec 2019, 18:30

Still oft-topic, but FL wrote:
The books were printed some months ago. The errata has only a handful of very minor edits.
[…]
But yes, we will likely print more books fairly soon, with these typos fixed.

Fenhorn

Thu 05 Dec 2019, 19:13

Still oft-topic, but FL wrote:
The books were printed some months ago. The errata has only a handful of very minor edits.
[…]
But yes, we will likely print more books fairly soon, with these typos fixed.
... and I don't have any more news about this than that.

Oh darn, now I am contributing to this off-topic hullabaloo  :?
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Tomas
Site Admin

Thu 05 Dec 2019, 23:06

Just read on Facebook by Fria Ligan:
The errata has only a handful of very minor edits.
[…]
Its six edits altogether, I think counts as a handful. :)

If that's the way our work (a pages-long document and nearly 90 posts in this thread) is honored, I'm out.

Yes, it's childish and defiant, but I have to leave Alien behind. Don't want to ruin my view on the great other and the coming games. Who wants to take over the document?
Hi! I wrote that on the fly and I meant no disrespect, very sorry!

What I meant to say was that the errors that actually have gameplay effect are the ones listed in the changelog, which has six points (one of them is the weapon stats though, which is more than one edit.)

Beyond that, we have fixed the typos that you have reported here, thank you for finding those!
Fria Ligan