Fenhorn

Re: Corebook Errata

Fri 29 Nov 2019, 03:57

Has anyone been able to find the Abomination info on page 292.
Abomination is described in the Chariot of the Gods book, that index reference is probably a leftover thing.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Tomas
Site Admin

Fri 29 Nov 2019, 12:17

Hey all!

Updated PDFs of the core book and the star map have now been sent to all pre-orders, fixing a few typos and the errors listed below. A notification should go out via DrivethruRPG, but these don't always seem to work. But if you login at Drivethru, you should be able to find the updated PDFs there. The changes are very few.

CORE BOOK
  • Page 51: The Pilot’s key skills are Piloting, Ranged Combat, and Comtech.
  • Page 88: To enter/exit a vehicle is a fast action, not slow.
  • Pages 119–124: The stats in the infographics for the M4A3 Service Pistol, the Armat M41A Pulse Rifle, the M42A Scope Rifle, and the Armat M41AE2 Heavy Pulse Rifle have been corrected to match the weapons tables, which are correct.
  • Page 192: The Maneuver action has been added to the summary of actions in space combat, and the Evade action has been removed. The full action descriptions on page 193 are correct.
  • Page 291: In stealth mode, a Xenomorph can move two zones per point of Speed each Turn (not one zone). Humans can move two zones per Turn, i.e. they have a Speed of 1.
STAR MAP
  • The Wright-Aberra 2 Fuel Depot now orbits the star GL1401B.
  • KOI-2311 M’Toa is changed to KOI-448 M’Toa Colony.
  • KOI-1871 September is changed to KOI-252 September Outpost.
  • GL643 - Nimbus is changed to POL-9414 Nimbus.
Fria Ligan

kbender

Fri 29 Nov 2019, 17:22

I've spoted something that looks like another typo on page 127.
SUITS AND ARMOR table states that a piecie of IRC Mk.50 Compression Suit costs $15,000 and grants AGILITY –1, Air Supply 5.
Just line below we see the IRC Mk.35 Pressure Suit for $2,000 with Air Supply 4.

On the next page we can read that Mark 50 was state of the art when introduced to service, while Mark 35 is cheap and bulky military version.
Shouldn't the AGILITY –1 penalty be assigned in the table to cheaper Mark 35?

aramis

Fri 29 Nov 2019, 23:32

Duplicate designations on the map not in above errata, locations rounded nearest half Pc:
GL514 (Feldspar, +7,-3½) & (LB329, +8,-3)
Canis Minoris (Map in-text on 264) is GL285 on the map and the in-text map on p 267)
POL-5362 (map, rules text) labeled 5332 on the in-text map on page 253

Added these and the official location corrections from Thomas' post into the errata document, cleaned up document formatting in that section (my own mess, at that.)
—————————————————————————
Smith & Wesson: the original point and click interface...

aramis

Sun 01 Dec 2019, 09:42

Another typo: p 231 lists Xiang Colony, while the map lists XIWANG COLONY (GLIESE 876, roughly +4, +3)
—————————————————————————
Smith & Wesson: the original point and click interface...

decanox

Sun 01 Dec 2019, 09:58

Hi...

I have checked the whole thread but I have not seen this "errata". If I am wrong, sorry.

- In "Kicking off the action" (page 375) in Hope's Last Day it's said that Reynolds and Komiskey could be found "on blocks C2 and E1". But on page 380 Komiskey is on block E2 ("The medlab").

I use quotes on errata because I don't know if it's deliberated or not. Maybe it's a good way to mislead players but I don't know...

Deep_Impact
Topic Author

Sun 01 Dec 2019, 10:14

Everything okay, seems to be a continuity error.

jamesrbrown

Mon 02 Dec 2019, 15:26

I've spoted something that looks like another typo on page 127.
SUITS AND ARMOR table states that a piecie of IRC Mk.50 Compression Suit costs $15,000 and grants AGILITY –1, Air Supply 5.
Just line below we see the IRC Mk.35 Pressure Suit for $2,000 with Air Supply 4.

On the next page we can read that Mark 50 was state of the art when introduced to service, while Mark 35 is cheap and bulky military version.
Shouldn't the AGILITY –1 penalty be assigned in the table to cheaper Mark 35?

kbender, I would agree with you on that one. The IRC Mk.35 Pressure Suit has Armor Rating 5 and the description calls it "bulky," "cumbersome," and says that, "the hard joints tend to seize up with extreme motion." That sounds like an AGILITY -1 problem. It goes on to say that the suit basically sucks. The IRC Mk.50 Compression Suit only has Armor Rating 2. Giving this suit AGILITY -1 as listed makes it suck even more than the Mk.35. Who would want it? The price is $13,000 higher than the Mk.35, and you are losing 3 points of Armor Rating to only gain 1 point of Air Supply.  

Deep_Impact
Topic Author

Thu 05 Dec 2019, 07:33

Just read on Facebook by Fria Ligan:
The errata has only a handful of very minor edits.
[…]
Its six edits altogether, I think counts as a handful. :)

If that's the way our work (a pages-long document and nearly 90 posts in this thread) is honored, I'm out.

Yes, it's childish and defiant, but I have to leave Alien behind. Don't want to ruin my view on the great other and the coming games. Who wants to take over the document?

sathyr

Thu 05 Dec 2019, 08:43

Just read on Facebook by Fria Ligan:
The errata has only a handful of very minor edits.
[…]
Its six edits altogether, I think counts as a handful. :)

If that's the way our work (a pages-long document and nearly 90 posts in this thread) is honored, I'm out.

Yes, it's childish and defiant, but I have to leave Alien behind. Don't want to ruin my view on the great other and the coming games. Who wants to take over the document?
What makes you think more errata isn't on the way? Just because the first wave is small doesn't mean they're ignoring you. These things take time and need to get reviewed, tested and signed off on before they get published, and we're talking about a smaller studio. Even the industry behemoths like WotC take their time with errata. This game hasn't even hit its full release yet. **EDIT**: I should add that, upon review, ALL of the major mechanical corrections identified in the fan-document have been corrected in the official errata. The rest of it is just spelling and formatting errors.

Give em time, man. The last thing we want is reactionary corrections.