banjo666
Topic Author

Print Friendly PDF ?

Wed 06 Nov 2019, 00:33

I picked up my PDFs for Alien today, they look really nice but are there any plans for a print friendly version of the core rules ? The all black background makes it impossible to print out in any reasonable way.

MaelstromUK

Re: Print Friendly PDF ?

Mon 18 Nov 2019, 15:49

Yes please please please. Black text on white backgrounds!

Otherwise my colleagues will be wondering where all the black toner went, not that I would print it out at work of course...

Tomas
Site Admin

Tue 19 Nov 2019, 13:06

No promises, but we'll see what we can do down the line. If not, I can recommend the printed book. :)
Fria Ligan

Valyar

Tue 19 Nov 2019, 13:18

No promises, but we'll see what we can do down the line. If not, I can recommend the printed book. :)
I can second that :) The printed book is gorgeous... 

MaelstromUK

Tue 19 Nov 2019, 18:16

I can second that :) The printed book is gorgeous...
I have the printed book, and it is gorgeous. But it's also useful to be able to print out certain sections or tables for easy reference at the gaming table.
That's where you say that I should have pre-ordered the GM screen too - and yes, yes I should ;]

Pr6i6e6st

Tue 19 Nov 2019, 20:22

Possible to just invert the colour? Or one could convert the files into images with something like SodaPDF and bring the images into GIMP and do a colour balance.

titan.inc

Tue 19 Nov 2019, 20:32

Is the print copy of the book out already? I know I ordered the big package but I don't believe that has been mailed out yet. I just figured the hardcopy wasn't out quite yet either. PDFs are okay stand-ins but there just isn't anything like having a hard copy to work from.

The1TrueFredrix

Tue 19 Nov 2019, 22:21

Is the print copy of the book out already? I know I ordered the big package but I don't believe that has been mailed out yet. I just figured the hardcopy wasn't out quite yet either. PDFs are okay stand-ins but there just isn't anything like having a hard copy to work from.
It’s being delivered right now. Where in the world are you? I heard that deliveries in the US are a little later than the rest of the world, because something got held up at the border. 
Effekt - A fan podcast celebrating Swedish RPGs including, but not limited to: Alien; Coriolis; Forbidden Lands; Symbaroum; and Tales from the Loop. Featuring discussion magazine episodes and Actual Play recordings. https://effektpodcast.org/

banjo666
Topic Author

Tue 19 Nov 2019, 23:52

Yes, the printed book is gorgeous but I don't intend to buy one copy for each of my 6 players :shock:

banjo666
Topic Author

Wed 20 Nov 2019, 00:08

A "simple " solution might be to just remove, or turn off, the black background. Looking at my PDF, turning off the black background would mean it would not be as pretty but it should be still quite readable and not cause a toner/ink supply crisis in the Western world ;)
PEG has the layers tab in their PDFs of their new Savage Worlds titles, allowing you to turn off the background for print friendly printing.