rabindranath72
Topic Author

Maps errata: IT'S WEYLAND, not WELAND!

Tue 05 Nov 2019, 21:47

Just got my pdf, and maps (both in the core book and the separate one) contain typos :(

WELAND-YUTANI

Seriously?! Utterly disappointed. I can only imagine the level of quality of the book if something so egregious slipped through editing.

Not a happy customer.

Fenhorn

Re: Maps errata: IT'S WEYLAND, not WELAND!

Tue 05 Nov 2019, 21:55

Personally, I think it has been very few typos so far, but if you are unhappy with anything regarding this product you could email support@frialigan.se. It is a bit late, but perhaps there is a way to cancel the books for you, if you do it fast.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

rabindranath72
Topic Author

Tue 05 Nov 2019, 22:00

It's really frustrating. I spent a lot of money, and I want a product which lives up to the price I paid. If I did my job in this way, I'd be fired. So disappointed :(

Fenhorn

Tue 05 Nov 2019, 22:08

It's really frustrating. I spent a lot of money, and I want a product which lives up to the price I paid. If I did my job in this way, I'd be fired. So disappointed :(
In a product with over 400 pages of text there will be typos. There has been very few typos in this. It is unfortunate but it happens, it happens to all products, regardless of publisher. But since they will not print a new book for you so if you are unhappy with this, email support@frialigan.se, perhaps there is a way for you to cancel your pre-order.

Also chill down.

rabindranath72
Topic Author

Tue 05 Nov 2019, 22:15

Sure typos happen. But we are talking about the map, here, not a random paragraph tucked somewhere in the book; the massive, large map; with the massive, large WELAND-YUTANI script. 
Oh well, live and learn.

Fenhorn

Tue 05 Nov 2019, 22:20

The missing Y in Weland is bad, yes, but can be tricky to find. I didn't see it until I used the search function. Your brain adds the Y in there because you know it should be there.

Tomas
Site Admin

Tue 05 Nov 2019, 22:49

This is obviously a very embarrasing mistake that we really should have caught in proofing. A large number of people have checked this map multiple times and strangely, none of us caught it. All I can say is that it is not indicative of the proofing of the book as a whole.
Fria Ligan

Praesolus

Wed 06 Nov 2019, 00:25

In a product with over 400 pages of text there will be typos. There has been very few typos in this. It is unfortunate but it happens, it happens to all products, regardless of publisher. But since they will not print a new book for you so if you are unhappy with this, email support@frialigan.se, perhaps there is a way for you to cancel your pre-order.

Also chill down.
^ This.

Diego

Wed 06 Nov 2019, 02:21

This is obviously a very embarrasing mistake that we really should have caught in proofing. A large number of people have checked this map multiple times and strangely, none of us caught it. All I can say is that it is not indicative of the proofing of the book as a whole.
These things happen. Though to maybe to offer a point for the future, perhaps it would have been a good idea to release the pdf's to us before you sent the whole thing to the printers. In less than half a day we've spotted around 3 typo's/errors within the game. There's some 110 play testers and contributors in the front of the book, it was very clear we were happy to help make this as stellar a product as possible, holding back the pdf from the people who have already gladly preordered to support this dream doesn't really serve much of a purpose.

On a positive note though the book is otherwise exceptional and I can't stress how well the artwork wraps the entire thing together. Best alien rpg to date and dare I say my now favorite free league rpg.
Alien: Wanderer
https://alienwanderer.obsidianportal.com/
Session 9+ now up

Pily

Wed 06 Nov 2019, 10:04

These things happen. Though to maybe to offer a point for the future, perhaps it would have been a good idea to release the pdf's to us before you sent the whole thing to the printers. In less than half a day we've spotted around 3 typo's/errors within the game. There's some 110 play testers and contributors in the front of the book, it was very clear we were happy to help make this as stellar a product as possible, holding back the pdf from the people who have already gladly preordered to support this dream doesn't really serve much of a purpose.

On a positive note though the book is otherwise exceptional and I can't stress how well the artwork wraps the entire thing together. Best alien rpg to date and dare I say my now favorite free league rpg.
It should have been looked at more in PDF form before print. Not only is it Weland-Yutani on the Map also on page 236 the logo on the right in small print it has Weyland-Yutani and right under that it has (Weland-Yutani Corp). Also their has been more people pointing out some other things within the PDF