Valyar

Re: Maps errata: IT'S WEYLAND, not WELAND!

Wed 06 Nov 2019, 12:16

The PDF is easy fix the print - not so much. Probably, the approach taken by Pinnacle with the SWADE is the best - they release the PDF first and wait the people to support the proofreading before the book is sent to the printers. 

lupex

Thu 07 Nov 2019, 09:48

Fria Ligan usually do release the PDF early to backers of their Kickstarter campaigns. Maybe they couldn’t this time due to not wanting the book shared before the official launch?

Tomas
Site Admin

Thu 07 Nov 2019, 10:01

Yes, that is something that we typically do in our Kickstarter projects. We partly did it for ALIEN as well - we shared the 168-page starter kit PDF back in May and had a feedback form for it, and later in the summer we shared the whole of Chapter 7.

Typos are always horrible to see as a creator. I will say however that the handful that slipped by here were not due to us rushing the job or anything like that. The book is extensively proofed, both before and after layout. The typos that did slip through in this 400-page book are simply due to the fact that humans are, sadly, sometimes fallible.
Fria Ligan

lupex

Thu 07 Nov 2019, 10:32

It wouldn’t have happened if Fria Ligan employed more androids, I mean “artificial people” 😉

Diego

Thu 07 Nov 2019, 12:45

Can we ask what the reason was for not letting us have the finished rpg pdf?

Praesolus

Fri 08 Nov 2019, 08:36

Yes, that is something that we typically do in our Kickstarter projects. We partly did it for ALIEN as well - we shared the 168-page starter kit PDF back in May and had a feedback form for it, and later in the summer we shared the whole of Chapter 7.

Typos are always horrible to see as a creator. I will say however that the handful that slipped by here were not due to us rushing the job or anything like that. The book is extensively proofed, both before and after layout. The typos that did slip through in this 400-page book are simply due to the fact that humans are, sadly, sometimes fallible.
No one is infallible, and the product is an incredible piece of work, lovingly done by fans of the setting. Kudos, Sir - you and yours have done well, and I'm doubly happy that you yourself are engaging with us here and helping to iron out the one or two typos that might actually impact play - like the Speed and Stealth Mode variation rules.

Gebohq

Fri 08 Nov 2019, 18:23

Fun trivia: In the initial movie, it was "Weylan"

https://avp.fandom.com/wiki/Weyland-Yut ... the_Scenes

So maybe the company, in cutting corners for profit, is known for not quality-control checking their own name. ;)

(Seriously, though, I didn't notice this error in the book until it was pointed out.)
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net

kiny506

Fri 08 Nov 2019, 23:55

I understand how small errors can creep into the game and cause issues like this. I assume that the PDF will be updated and future versions will have the mistakes fixed. However I am wondering if Fria Ligan would be willing to reprint the Map for people who pre-ordered the book and maybe offer a discount code to us when they eventually do a reprint of the main book without the errors. I would also like to add that I am still very happy with the rest of the product, and I am excited to get the books and play with friends. 

Diego

Sat 09 Nov 2019, 05:23

I understand how small errors can creep into the game and cause issues like this. I assume that the PDF will be updated and future versions will have the mistakes fixed. However I am wondering if Fria Ligan would be willing to reprint the Map for people who pre-ordered the book and maybe offer a discount code to us when they eventually do a reprint of the main book without the errors. I would also like to add that I am still very happy with the rest of the product, and I am excited to get the books and play with friends. 
I'm with you on this. I realize there's very little chance of getting a fixed deluxe edition, but getting at least the map redone would be good.
GZIP: Off