Praesolus

Stealth Mode and Movement

Tue 05 Nov 2019, 18:53

Hey! Just received my PDF and am loving the book so far!

I did have a question regarding a Speed and how it relates to Movement in Stealth Mode, however. On page 85 it states that a human can move 2 zones per Turn; however, on page 291 it states that xenomorphs can move 1 zone per Speed, and that "Humans can only move one zone, i.e. they have a Speed of 1."

Which is accurate? My current interpretation or assumption is this: Humans move 1 zone per Turn in Stealth Mode, or can, on their turn, search and inspect their current zone properly instead. The aliens meanwhile can move 1 zone per Speed.

Jonbertsch

Stealth Mode rules conflict

Tue 05 Nov 2019, 18:56

On pg 85 in the section for Stealth Mode there are a few lines about player and npc movement in Stealth Mode:

"In one Turn, you can move two zones on the map and explore them, scanning for enemies and getting a superficial description of these two zones from the GM" and "NPCs must comply with the same rules of movement as PCs—human NPCs can only move two zones per TurnNon-human characters may move faster or have other special rules."

But on pg 291 there is this: 

"In stealth mode (see page 85), the Xenomorph can move one zone per point of Speed each Turn. Humans can only move one zonei.e. they have a Speed of 1.

Fenhorn

Re: Stealth Mode and Movement

Tue 05 Nov 2019, 19:03

Moderator action: Threads with similar topic merged.
“I’d say thistles, but nobody listens to me, anyway.” - Eeyore

Fenhorn

Re: Stealth Mode and Movement

Tue 05 Nov 2019, 23:36

Tomas said this regarding this: "Each point of speed lets you (or the xeno) move two zones per Turn. Page 85 is correct, page 291 is not."
“I’d say thistles, but nobody listens to me, anyway.” - Eeyore
GZIP: Off