Praesolus
Topic Author

Stealth Mode and Movement

Tue 05 Nov 2019, 18:53

Hey! Just received my PDF and am loving the book so far!

I did have a question regarding a Speed and how it relates to Movement in Stealth Mode, however. On page 85 it states that a human can move 2 zones per Turn; however, on page 291 it states that xenomorphs can move 1 zone per Speed, and that "Humans can only move one zone, i.e. they have a Speed of 1."

Which is accurate? My current interpretation or assumption is this: Humans move 1 zone per Turn in Stealth Mode, or can, on their turn, search and inspect their current zone properly instead. The aliens meanwhile can move 1 zone per Speed.

Jonbertsch

Stealth Mode rules conflict

Tue 05 Nov 2019, 18:56

On pg 85 in the section for Stealth Mode there are a few lines about player and npc movement in Stealth Mode:

"In one Turn, you can move two zones on the map and explore them, scanning for enemies and getting a superficial description of these two zones from the GM" and "NPCs must comply with the same rules of movement as PCs—human NPCs can only move two zones per TurnNon-human characters may move faster or have other special rules."

But on pg 291 there is this: 

"In stealth mode (see page 85), the Xenomorph can move one zone per point of Speed each Turn. Humans can only move one zonei.e. they have a Speed of 1.

Fenhorn

Re: Stealth Mode and Movement

Tue 05 Nov 2019, 19:03

Moderator action: Threads with similar topic merged.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Fenhorn

Re: Stealth Mode and Movement

Tue 05 Nov 2019, 23:36

Tomas said this regarding this: "Each point of speed lets you (or the xeno) move two zones per Turn. Page 85 is correct, page 291 is not."
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore