Jizmack

Pushing action - slow or fast?

Wed 25 Sep 2019, 00:06

In the Starter Kit on page 59, the rules for pushing away an opponent are written as follows:

“As a fast action, you can try to push an opponent at Engaged range away from you. This is done with a Close Combat roll, counting as a slow action just like any other close combat attack.”

I need help please to understand this rule.
Is pushing an opponent away a slow action or fast action?

Jonbertsch

Re: Pushing action - slow or fast?

Wed 25 Sep 2019, 04:16

As written it sounds like pushing requires both a fast and slow action. The bit in the text block that reads  "...can be useful if you want to engage it in ranged combat rather than fight it hand-to-hand." seems moot if it takes your entire turn to push an attacker away. Wouldn't they just move back into engaged range next round? But in the action tables Pushing is listed under fast actions? Maybe this is just a typo? Maybe it means that as fast action you can push someone if successful with a close combat roll(following the rules as though it were a normal slow action, just not counted as such) maybe?

Jizmack

Wed 25 Sep 2019, 07:59

As written it sounds like pushing requires both a fast and slow action. The bit in the text block that reads  "...can be useful if you want to engage it in ranged combat rather than fight it hand-to-hand." seems moot if it takes your entire turn to push an attacker away. Wouldn't they just move back into engaged range next round? But in the action tables Pushing is listed under fast actions? Maybe this is just a typo? Maybe it means that as fast action you can push someone if successful with a close combat roll(following the rules as though it were a normal slow action, just not counted as such) maybe?
Retreat is a fast action, which requires a Mobility skill test to disengage to Short range. I would assume Pushing is likewise a fast action as well.

Fenhorn

Wed 25 Sep 2019, 23:53

This has been reported, but with the final product almost within reach, I don't know if we are going to get an answer to this before that. I know that In FbL, it is its own action, fast, and in MYZ it is a stunt for the melee attack, so its slow. Hm, that info didn't help much  :roll:
“I’d say thistles, but nobody listens to me, anyway.” - Eeyore
GZIP: Off