Pr6i6e6st

Fantasy Grounds Ruleset

Fri 06 Sep 2019, 01:16

Hey guys! All preordered and pumped to play!

I’ve been really excited to run this for my friends, and we only get to play online on Wednesdays. I wasn’t happy with just using the CoreRPG ruleset built into Fantasy Grounds, so I have been slowly teaching myself code in my downtime and building up a ruleset for the Alien RPG.

It’s coming along pretty great, if I say so myself. Lots of automation and functionality to allow you to run the game with less note keeping or time management.

So please, if you use Fantasy Grounds, and want to run this for your friends as well, use my ruleset and give me any feedback.

I also may or may not be needing some regular players. We play every Wednesday at 8pm Atlantic Canada time (7pm eastern US, 6pm central) and swap between d&d 5e, Call of Cthulhu 7e, and soon to be the Alien RPG. We have lots of “players” but often lack available players come game time.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/s ... -extension

NotRussellCrowe

Re: Fantasy Grounds Ruleset

Mon 16 Sep 2019, 01:55

This looks really nice!!

Pr6i6e6st

Mon 16 Sep 2019, 08:45

This looks really nice!!
Thank you, I was struggling for a while to find the right balance of “MU/TH/UR” theme and legible. I just updated, fixed some things in the inventory. Unfortunately I haven’t figured out how to stop some errors, so you still need to cycle through the tabs of all active character sheets and those in the combat tracker at the beginning of each session.

Pr6i6e6st

Sat 21 Sep 2019, 08:24

just updated again, lots of cool new things with inventory, consumables, armor, weapons, vehicles and more since my last post here.

Pr6i6e6st

Mon 04 Nov 2019, 21:23

Hey guys! With books beginning to ship out, I’ve stopped updating until I can learn more. The ruleset should contain all you need aside from the rules themselves, in order to run the game online for your friends.

Some things are automated, like some time sensitive factors or the number of dice to roll; others are up to you to remember, like penalties from critical injuries or when to regain health.

The ruleset is free, but you will need a copy of Fantasy Grounds. Please share your recordings, I’d love to see/hear them. And let me know what I might need to fix/correct/change in order to make the experience easier/better for you.

Pr6i6e6st

Fri 15 Nov 2019, 21:29

So I’ve updated a bit more. There’s various bug fixes, added a spot for cash/coins which functions with the party sheet. Records for keeping track of your generated star systems, planets, colonies and such. Dehydration and starvation have partial automation. Changed the way the code for stress works, so it should function much better now.

Pr6i6e6st

Wed 20 Nov 2019, 08:13

just updated. got some temporary stuff added to the party sheet to manage the party vehicle. nothing too fancy, just fields and a few buttons. but you can now put vehicles in the party sheet to distribute like other treasures, it has it's own new field if you scroll down. you also have a way to keep track of player owned vehicles in the party sheet. there's a place to put dice and a generic number for talents now. few other fixes and improvements. so pumped to start our campaign next week. everyone seems rather excited/nervous haha.

The JollyGM

Thu 21 Nov 2019, 12:50

How did I not see this on the FG website!?

Thanks for making this, how does it work with FG Unity? I am away for work, so I can not test it out yet.

Pr6i6e6st

Sun 24 Nov 2019, 06:29

Thanks for making this, how does it work with FG Unity? I am away for work, so I can not test it out yet.
I currently do not yet have the Unity version, no way to contribute to the kickstarter, so i'm not sure what does and doesn't work that way yet.

The JollyGM

Sun 24 Nov 2019, 11:22

I currently do not yet have the Unity version, no way to contribute to the kickstarter, so i'm not sure what does and doesn't work that way yet.

Well I am at work for another week yet. (I work away at a remote location for periods of time) when I get back I will fire things up and see how it handles. I will send you the notes of what I find, when I do. 
GZIP: Off