Jhea
Topic Author

Prometheus - the Franchise killer

Fri 23 Aug 2019, 14:25

Oh thank you drinker you handsome scottish man!

You pretty much came to the same conclusion as most of us... even unconsciously

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-x78afiSZU

have fun ;)
I don't need a fancy signature quote from some dude, everything i say is pure gold! ~ myself

Pily

Re: Prometheus - the Franchise killer

Sat 24 Aug 2019, 00:01

Oh thank you drinker you handsome scottish man!

You pretty much came to the same conclusion as most of us... even unconsciously

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-x78afiSZU

have fun ;)
You should read the Prometheus draft script it tells you a lot of key points about the film but they decided not to use all of it

Jhea
Topic Author

Sat 24 Aug 2019, 16:09

I should not be required to read something in order to make a move make sense.
If it is not in the movie but needed to be in the movie to make sense, the movies new name  is shitshow.
I don't need a fancy signature quote from some dude, everything i say is pure gold! ~ myself

Pily

Sat 24 Aug 2019, 18:35

If it is not in the movie but needed to be in the movie to make sense, the movies new name  is shitshow.
Most films cut time out or do not add the full script to reduce film time but that can lead to things not making sense like in this case with Pormetheus and covenant and this is why you need to look things up or watch other people explain it like this guy

https://youtu.be/3ONSFeRy9iQ

Konungr

Sun 25 Aug 2019, 06:06

Most films cut time out or do not add the full script to reduce film time but that can lead to things not making sense like in this case with Pormetheus and covenant and this is why you need to look things up or watch other people explain it like this guy

https://youtu.be/3ONSFeRy9iQ
Most films cut things from the script without making the story make no sense. Thats what a good edit job is. Promethius is a terrible edit job.

Valyar

Sun 25 Aug 2019, 09:14

This was so fun to watch... :D

Jhea
Topic Author

Sun 25 Aug 2019, 16:46

Funny, i haven't been given a script when i entered the cinema ;)

CynicalMo

Sun 25 Aug 2019, 17:21

Funny, i haven't been given a script when i entered the cinema ;)
Who, exactly, are you so mad at here?

Attackmack

Sun 25 Aug 2019, 21:43

I was disappointed with Prometheus as a story but it was a beautiful movie and will give be a great inspiration to help me describe and paint the setting for my players!

Riggswolfe

Mon 26 Aug 2019, 15:35

Prometheus could use a Director's Cut to restore footage. As it is, the movie is a pretty bad Alien sequel and has some fairly big problems like most of the characters acting like morons simply because the plot needs them to do dumb things to keep the movie going. The classic example, of course, being the idiot biologist reaching out to the snake thing that clearly gives off aggressive signs.

It's still a better movie than Alien 3 (no character murder in the credits to give a middle finger to the audience) but it commits what, to me, is a cardinal sin.

It tries to explain stuff that didn't need to be explained. I actually liked the mystery of the space jockey. I liked not knowing where the Xenomorphs came from. I liked just trying to imagine it. I also liked the space jockey not being some bald albino dude but instead looking totally, well, alien. I know they've retconned that to simply being a suit, but that's not how it looks in the original movie at all. Also, he's like 15 feet tall in the movie.They famously used child actors in long shots to emphasize how big he is.