MaelstromUK
Topic Author

Flash grenades / stun baton - 'stunned'

Sun 28 Jul 2019, 23:35

The effect of a flash grenade or stun baton is that targets must make a "STAMINA roll (doesn’t count as an action) or be stunned for one Round."

What does 'stunned' mean, mechanically speaking? I guess that they are unable to take actions until their next turn in initiative order (ie: they also cannot take defensive actions).

The only other reference to the term 'stunned' is as a critical injury (12), but that has no effects listed.

CynicalMo

Re: Flash grenades / stun baton - 'stunned'

Sat 03 Aug 2019, 02:11

I would say it just means no actions for a round so basically they miss their next turn.

HamsterOfWrath

Sat 03 Aug 2019, 14:08

I imagine it's similar to Coriolis where Stunned is "Lose all your actions for a round". 

MaelstromUK
Topic Author

Thu 22 Aug 2019, 23:09

Good, that's what made sense to me too. Would be great if this was explicitly mentioned in the rules =]

Tomas
Site Admin

Mon 26 Aug 2019, 11:02

Good, that's what made sense to me too. Would be great if this was explicitly mentioned in the rules =]
Yep it will be. :)
Fria Ligan

MaelstromUK
Topic Author

Tue 27 Aug 2019, 13:06

Yep it will be. :)
Cool, thanks for confirming Tomas!

King_Kull

Thu 07 Nov 2019, 11:15

Sorry, but in the PDF that is out now there is no mentioning what Stunned means. Therefore I think that it will also not be mentioned in the book that I get today (Yeah!!!). That is a little bit sad. And is it really that you lost all actions when stunned? 

p. 321:
If unsuccessful they are stunned and lose their next slow action.

What is correct? As a Flash Grenade doesn't do Stun but you lose your next Slow Action I think correct is you lose all actions.
I am king!

HamsterOfWrath

Thu 07 Nov 2019, 11:57

Sorry, but in the PDF that is out now there is no mentioning what Stunned means. Therefore I think that it will also not be mentioned in the book that I get today (Yeah!!!). That is a little bit sad. And is it really that you lost all actions when stunned? 

p. 321:
If unsuccessful they are stunned and lose their next slow action.

What is correct? As a Flash Grenade doesn't do Stun but you lose your next Slow Action I think correct is you lose all actions.
I was extrapolating from Coriolis which is a slightly different ruleset but has crossover with the Alien RPG. Having had a look at the Flash Grenade on page 125 I think (opinion only) that is description of the Stunned Effect. When something has STUN listed as the damage type, you have to roll a successful STAMINA check or lose your next Slow action. The Flash grenade doesn't have its own damage entry as it's rolled in with the U1 Grenade Launcher.

However ideally the STUNNED condition should probably have its own box on Page 106 "Other Hazards" or STUN damage should have an entry on Page 98 "Damage" in my humble opinion. Unless of course STUN damage and the condition of being STUNNED are two different things. 

King_Kull

Thu 07 Nov 2019, 15:43

I will assume that the Stun effect (you are stunned) take away the Slow Action oft the victim.
I am king!

MaelstromUK
Topic Author

Sun 17 Nov 2019, 01:11

@tomas - are we missing something in the rules, or did this not make it in after all? Didn't see it in the index, for example.