Toneturbo
Topic Author

CotG Questions on bad air in the Cronus

Sun 21 Jul 2019, 00:09

What happens to characters' and NPC's, not using a compression suit in the Cronus before the air scrubbers are fixed, that fail their STAMINA check for bad air (per page 127)?

aramis

Re: CotG Questions on bad air in the Cronus

Sun 21 Jul 2019, 01:11

Page 74, Suffocation: Failed stamina check is drop to Health = 0 and death roll each [5-10 second] round until you die. This also means broken.
Death roll, page 65, Death: Stamina, no stress, or die, each round.
Broken, page 64: can crawl and can mumble through the pain. 
Crawling, page 55, Movement: move one zone per round.

So, they have to crawl back before they die... 
—————————————————————————
Smith & Wesson: the original point and click interface...

Toneturbo
Topic Author

Re: CotG Questions on bad air in the Cronus - SPOILERS BELOW

Sun 21 Jul 2019, 04:02

Thanks Aramis.  I believe you are right.  The reason I asked is because in both of my games, the Cronus crew gets woken-up by MU/TH/UR well before anyone works on the scrubbers.  Theoretically, enduring these bad air STAMINA checks would spell trouble for the newly awoken Cronus crew.  There are only two suits nearby on the same deck, and three more a deck further down.

Since there is still a low level of oxygen available in the air (rather than in a full vacuum), I was wondering if this check would still follow the rules for suffocation.  But after more careful reading of your references, it seems to be the best fit.

My second set of players finished their scenario today.  Clayton succeeded.  Flynn also survived.  And of the Montero crew, only Wilson made it out (but he is infected).  The Sotillo crew boarded the drifting EEV.  Clayton convinced the pirates to go in on making lots of money.

aramis

Sun 21 Jul 2019, 08:29

I gave them a 12 hour warning before the crew wakes... which was high motivation to get the air online.
—————————————————————————
Smith & Wesson: the original point and click interface...

Toneturbo
Topic Author

Sun 21 Jul 2019, 13:33

Nicely done!  Great solution!  I will do that next time.  I was just beginning to wonder if MU/TH/UR would even wake the sleepers up while there wasn't a safe amount of air to breathe.

Thank you!