MigRib
Topic Author

Will there be a wider setting on the finished book?

Tue 02 Jul 2019, 14:50

As the previous Fria Ligan's games were mostly light on setting and the Cinematic Starter Kit is unusually lacking on game world description - even for a quickstart (and this is not even a brief quickstart) - I was wondering what will the final product be like? Are there any official comments on the Alienverse and how will it be explored on the core book and future releases?

Valyar

Re: Will there be a wider setting on the finished book?

Tue 02 Jul 2019, 16:07

Nothing is stated in written on the supplements after the core rulebook, but I am pretty sure some will follow. Probably they mentioned something in an interview in some of the many podcasts, but I don't listen to those.

The1TrueFredrix

Thu 04 Jul 2019, 12:44

As the previous Fria Ligan's games were mostly light on setting 
Have you seen Coriolis?  :)
Effekt - A fan podcast celebrating Swedish RPGs including, but not limited to: Alien; Coriolis; Forbidden Lands; Symbaroum; and Tales from the Loop. Featuring discussion magazine episodes and Actual Play recordings. https://effektpodcast.org/

MigRib
Topic Author

Thu 04 Jul 2019, 14:29

Yes, I know that Coriolis is different, that's why I pre-ordered Alien RPG, I am expecting it to be more like Coriolis and less like MY0. But still, the doubt remains...

aramis

Thu 04 Jul 2019, 19:28

Yes, I know that Coriolis is different, that's why I pre-ordered Alien RPG, I am expecting it to be more like Coriolis and less like MY0. But still, the doubt remains...
MYZ is the outlier, not Coriolis... 
Forbidden lands is similar to Coriolis in terms of setting.
Symbaroum (while using a different dice mechanic) likewise is high on setting.
Tales from the Loop has a significant amount of setting, too... as a kid in the 70's and teen in the 80s, I find it a bit redundant, but the guys I know playing it are half my age...
—————————————————————————
Smith & Wesson: the original point and click interface...

Tomas
Site Admin

Thu 04 Jul 2019, 20:23

The full ALIEN rpg will be rich in setting. Actually, it seems the book will be our thickest core rpg book yet, beating Coriolis with a whopping 392 pages...
Fria Ligan

Valyar

Fri 05 Jul 2019, 06:39

Wow! Make the binding solid :D

AndersP

Fri 05 Jul 2019, 07:37

The full ALIEN rpg will be rich in setting. Actually, it seems the book will be our thickest core rpg book yet, beating Coriolis with a whopping 392 pages...
I choose to read this as that the alien rpg will be 392 pages more then Coriolis! :)

MigRib
Topic Author

Fri 05 Jul 2019, 11:42

Well then, no doubts any more. I'm eager to see that core book!