hibishop

Pull Rank

Tue 18 Jun 2019, 02:56

Clarifying questions for the Pull Rank Talent:

Pull Rank Talent:  "You can use your COMMAND skill to order other non-officer PCs and NPCs around, as long as they belong to the same organization as you."

1) What constitutes as a non-officer PC and NPC?  I presume any character without "[Name], Officer" and "Career:  Officer."
2) What constitutes as belonging to the same organization?  Same crew?  If in a situation with combined crews, then same species?  Humans vs. Xenos.

decanox

Re: Pull Rank

Wed 19 Jun 2019, 09:04

My opinion:

2) I think it is referred to same crew only, in both cases, including Human (two crews) vs Xenos. Maybe with good roleplaying and good reason (they are allies, there are no more officers, etc) the PC with Pull Rank can give orders to a different crew but not right from the beginning.

1) This is more complicated. I think there are easy assumptions (for example: the officer commands roughnecks or pilot)... but sometimes there is no so easy (I am talking about company agents for example). Anyway, I think the officer is above all in the ship so he/she can "pull rank" anyone in his/her crew. 

paulbaldowski

Fri 28 Jun 2019, 22:44

1) This is more complicated. I think there are easy assumptions (for example: the officer commands roughnecks or pilot)... but sometimes there is no so easy (I am talking about company agents for example). Anyway, I think the officer is above all in the ship so he/she can "pull rank" anyone in his/her crew. 
I'd suggest that Company Agents don't fall under the sway of Pull Rank used by a ship's officer, even if they're assigned to that ship, because they're beholden to the Company. In Chariot, for example, I would allow Miller to pull rank on Wilson -- it just didn't make sense to me. However, as is -- within the Quickstart -- it does read a little vaguely and warrants examples.

aramis

Sat 29 Jun 2019, 00:09

Maritime tradition (and current international law) makes captains the final authority aboard ship¹. The corp rep may be able to end the captain's career upon hitting dock, but until then... 

I'd allow it... but the corp rep is likely to pawn it off on someone else nearby if he can....

1: The exceptions being military and civil law enforcement details.
—————————————————————————
Smith & Wesson: the original point and click interface...
GZIP: Off