VaeVictis9
Topic Author

Clip Magazine Error

Sun 09 Jun 2019, 23:35

Angry Joe on the AngryJoeShow found a slight error in the book for ammo. It talks about clips when it should be 'magazines.'

Video he finds the error (25:00 mark):

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/434970717

His YouTube show:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsgv2Q ... ixyulzOnUQ

'Clips' for ammunition is used on page 62 and page 83 in the Quickstart PDF.

'Magazine' is used correctly for ammunition on page 35 and page 62.

It doesn't seem like a big deal but to anyone who has been through the military or has military friends they could laugh at you for this small mistake. Kind of ruins the immersion a small bit. Plus the table might start getting in arguments or some people saying clips while other saying magazines could be kind of...funny.

Edit: fixed some words

decanox

Re: Clip Magazine Error

Mon 10 Jun 2019, 14:31

I have some US-American rulebooks and I see clips and magazines without distinction.

Anyway, I was watching the video since I knew AngreyJoe from videogame reviews (I don't play many videogames but he is funny) but in this case, I think they were playing really drunk (in fact he had a whiskey with soda on the table) and that's not so funny... For me, it's ok that people could be drunk (I like too) but another thing is to be a GM and play a game session with drunk people who are laughing, interrupting, yawning, etc constantly like in this video... If I were his GM, I would stand up and go away. 

Rymdhamster

Re: Clip Magazine Error

Mon 10 Jun 2019, 15:00

The hazards of learning english from american movies. They keep using "clip" and "magazine" interchangeable in them =P

Even merriam-webster lists one of the meanings of clip as "a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm", although I am not sure if merriam-webster is actually a reliable source?