Valyar

Paper quality of the hardcover

Fri 07 Jun 2019, 19:28

The cinematic starter kit looks fantastic as PDF, as much as the Coriolis rulebook. Which makes me wonder - what will be the paper type of the hardcover book?

Will it be like Coriolis, which is printed on not glossy paper and the whole dark theme does not look that great, or it will have the quality of Symbaroum, which is heavier and glossy, but significantly better?

Byrax

Re: Paper quality of the hardcover

Sat 08 Jun 2019, 09:06

Spare no ’spences!

Glossy +1

Tomas
Site Admin

Sun 09 Jun 2019, 21:01

Actually, the Coriolis paper is of equal quality (actually even more expensive) than the Symbaroum paper. There is a balance to be struck - glossy paper is great for art but not great for reading. But rest assured, I doubt you'll be disappointed with the paper choice and print quality of the ALIEN game. :)
Fria Ligan

Valyar

Mon 10 Jun 2019, 12:30

Actually, the Coriolis paper is of equal quality (actually even more expensive) than the Symbaroum paper.
And I thought it is the opposite :D Funny, how the reality and expectations differ sometimes. For me the one in Symbaroum books feels and looks much better, especially when there are direct light against the pages, as the matte paper in Coriolis is spreading it in inconvenient way.
I look forward to the Alien book.. I hope to convince more people to play the game just by showing the book... (yeah... the times changed, unfortunately).

adrianplanet

Fri 14 Jun 2019, 04:14

Are we likely to see the same problems Modiphius Entertainment had with Star Trek Adventures? They printed a black background on a gloss or semi-gloss stock and as a result the whole line is prone to oil stains with even the lightest of use.

aramis

Sat 15 Jun 2019, 05:24

Personally, I'm hoping for semi-gloss. High-gloss for gaming books makes them show finger smudges WAY too easily. Especially when light text on black.
I'm also hoping for a good PDF... because, at the table, I prefer to grab the laptop and <ctrl><f> for the relevant topic.

I do like that the Preview PDF is its own Printer Friendly... I hope that's true of a corebook PDF.
—————————————————————————
Smith & Wesson: the original point and click interface...

Valyar

Sun 16 Jun 2019, 13:12

I am pretty sure the license owner will have QA and if the sample is not according to expectations it will be reworked.

Konungr

Sun 16 Jun 2019, 16:40

I am pretty sure the license owner will have QA and if the sample is not according to expectations it will be reworked.
The license owner is Disney who is busy sorting through everything they just acquired from fox. It was fox. And fox didn't do anything of the kind for the game alien colonial marines.

Speaking of which, their lore contact guy from fox might not even have a job anymore....

I doubt anyone at fox cares about the quality of anything since they have all either lost their jobs or are soon going to.  And i doubt anyone at Disney is directly aware of this amongst the many MANY ongoing and past projects and properties they just acquired. Just a potentially realistic view of the current situation. The only QA on this will be free leagues and maybe genuine entertainments. But genuine doesn't seem like they deal with any actual publishing. Just marketing and getting companies together.
GZIP: Off