Firebiro

Question on Game settings

Tue 28 May 2019, 17:29

I have seen from transcripts of Podcasts that there is a "Space trucker" setup for sandbox play.

I'm just wondering if there are mechanics to have one creature as the main antagonist, playing on the original film's premise or Alien 3, I think a game along the lines of Alien Isolation would be fantastic in a table top situation where you are more playing on the players fears and claustrophobia against an unstoppable creature that cannot simply be killed by shooting it or stabbing it. 

I can see this working as house rules but just wondering if this is a scenario that has been considered for the release?

N.B. I have a Pre-order and have the Starter PDF but I haven't had the chance to read it yet, if my answer is in there I do apologize

Praesolus

Re: Question on Game settings

Tue 28 May 2019, 17:33

I think a game along the lines of Alien Isolation would be fantastic in a table top situation where you are more playing on the players fears and claustrophobia against an unstoppable creature that cannot simply be killed by shooting it or stabbing it. 

I adore that game. Same here!

Glimpse

Tue 28 May 2019, 17:42

The Cinematic scenario that comes with the starter set is very Alien inspired with a few twists here and there.

I think the Isolation idea would work better in a campaign scenario when the full rules come out. Especially if you have a smaller playerbase.

Firebiro

Tue 28 May 2019, 18:01

Great, thanks Glimpse, as I say I haven't had the chance to read it as yet so again apologies if its already in there :) I think it would be great as a campaign scenario in the full game, the Creatures were slightly nerfed for Aliens ;) (I still love it and I'm looking forward to some Colonial Marine action too don't get me wrong) Having to option to run games where the players are being hunted by one unstoppable monster that could be hiding anywhere would make for a seriously tense atmosphere, of course you don't tell the players there is only one :) 

Glimpse

Tue 28 May 2019, 18:03

Or is there even one? Maybe it's a malfunctioning Synthetic, or some lunatic with Space Depression, or maybe all those things... 

or it's been you the whole time!

Firebiro

Tue 28 May 2019, 18:07

Or is there even one? Maybe it's a malfunctioning Synthetic, or some lunatic with Space Depression, or maybe all those things... 

or it's been you the whole time!
ha ha I absolutely LOVE IT! (N.B. it was the cat)
GZIP: Off