jbmacek
Topic Author

Printer Friendly Character Sheets?

Mon 27 May 2019, 23:01

Hi, I'm new here, and I'm wondering if there is a printer friendly version of the character sheet?
Thanks!

Fenhorn

Re: Printer Friendly Character Sheets?

Mon 27 May 2019, 23:23

Not yet, but FL have made printer-friendly character sheets for their other games so in due time they will probably do that for this game as well.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Umberto Octo

Tue 28 May 2019, 02:42

Until otherwise, you can always remove the pdf background and then print the character sheet.

I've printed a half dozen in such a manner and it works well enough.
"Se til helvete å komme dere vekk. Det er ikke en bikkje! Det er en slags TING!
Det imiterer en bikkje. Det er ikke virkelig! Kom dere vekk, IDIOTER!"

blaster219

Tue 28 May 2019, 17:45

And for those of us on platforms where PDF readers do not seem to have any ability to delete or switch off specific layers in a PDF?

Not a directed complaint, but I'm really getting tired of this "answer" to the "print friendly" PDF question.

Alternatively, if you can point at an Android or web-based PDF reader that supports manipulating layers that would be appreciated.

Glimpse

Tue 28 May 2019, 18:01

And for those of us on platforms where PDF readers do not seem to have any ability to delete or switch off specific layers in a PDF?

Not a directed complaint, but I'm really getting tired of this "answer" to the "print friendly" PDF question.

Alternatively, if you can point at an Android or web-based PDF reader that supports manipulating layers that would be appreciated.
Same. I don't even own a printer so I have to take it to my local office supply store to print it off, and I'm hoping one of their people knows how to do it correctly, because I don't want to burn through 168 pages of their ink and it turn out crappy.

Until we have "Printer Friendly" versions saying "remove the background layer" on a pdf is like me telling you to make an au jus and then hiding the meat and recipe book on how to do just that.

And even googling and trying what's suggested for removing background layers in pdf only works on one page. I need the whole book.

Umberto Octo

Tue 28 May 2019, 18:12

Until we have "Printer Friendly" versions saying "remove the background layer" on a pdf is like me telling you to make an au jus and then hiding the meat and recipe book on how to do just that.
It's not at all like that, but if you feel that way, then do it yourself fixes evidently aren't what you want to hear and you will have to wait until somebody else does it for you.
Using your own analogy, that suggestion is like you asking for a fancy meat dish, being given the ingredients, and wanting someone else to prepare it for you because you know they'll make it tastier than you will.
A lot of people want everything all at once, and anything less than instant gratification is to be complained about.
—30—

Glimpse

Tue 28 May 2019, 18:37

Nope, not at all. Reread my last line that you left out of your quote. Has nothing to with instant gratification, just that I don't have the tools to remove background layers in PDFs and the searches I've done and information I've found don't work in removing them correctly as I said before, which is actually what my analogy was about. 

Because I can prepare you a tasty meat dish, that's my trade and has been for 28 years, not editing PDFs.

Umberto Octo

Tue 28 May 2019, 22:20

Pdf readers have the tools built into most pdf readers, certainly Adobe's free one (as I am using).

You may be a good cook, and have been for two decades, but for this meal, you can't seem to find the bloody pantry.

Mod. Please stop this "bantering" before it escalates to something else.

blaster219

Tue 28 May 2019, 22:29

Edit: Responded while Mod was responding.

Again, if you know of a PDF reader that works on Android or ChromeOS that allows you to manipulate layers, please let us know. I've not been able to find a single one that even mentions layers.

Fenhorn

Tue 28 May 2019, 22:57

Edit: Responded while Mod was responding.

Again, if you know of a PDF reader that works on Android or ChromeOS that allows you to manipulate layers, please let us know. I've not been able to find a single one that even mentions layers.
I have no idea either. I can do that if I open it with Adobe Acrobat, but not if I open it with Acrobat Reader.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore