Pily

Re: Predator?

Sat 10 Aug 2019, 20:01

Predators DO NOT belong into the Alien Universe.

Every Predator in the Alien Universe is just bad written fanfiction.

Including an alien Skull in the Predator 2 Movie was just an easter egg, not lore.
everything from then just spiraled out of control in comics and 2 bullshit movies that should be wiped from the face of the earth and the memory of mankind all together
I agree but their is people who do like it and i would think it's more for them. I myself would never go near it :)

aramis

Sun 11 Aug 2019, 12:39

Predators DO NOT belong into the Alien Universe.

Every Predator in the Alien Universe is just bad written fanfiction.

Including an alien Skull in the Predator 2 Movie was just an easter egg, not lore.
everything from then just spiraled out of control in comics and 2 bullshit movies that should be wiped from the face of the earth and the memory of mankind all together
I agree but their is people who do like it and i would think it's more for them. I myself would never go near it :)
I think it dreadful as an idea to do an AVP RPG especially given the  licensing it would take.
Far better to do a Predator RPG with the same core mechanics, and let the crossover fanboys do the crossover themselves.
I might be interested in a Predator RPG. I'd never buy an AVP product of any kind.
—————————————————————————
Smith & Wesson: the original point and click interface...

wilhuf

Mon 12 Aug 2019, 17:01

Licensing is an unimportant contrivance to block an AVP RPG. If Fox/Disney/whoever owns it wants to make it happen, they will.

If there can be a Bishop action figure and an AVP Alien Attacks Predator Action Figure Set, there can be an AVP RPG.

Short of some kind of actual market survey we know nothing about whether AVP would sell well as a Tabletop RPG. 

Including AVP broadens the variety of game experiences for Players to enjoy. Exclusion accomplishes the opposite.
We're at our safest when we're not working.

Jhea

Thu 15 Aug 2019, 16:32

There is an AVP tabletop RPG...
Angry joe played it a while back.

Aliens vs Colonial Marines vs Predators

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wMgf67VWXQ

there you go.
I don't need a fancy signature quote from some dude, everything i say is pure gold! ~ myself