cyrodilicbrandy
Topic Author

PDF Printer-friendly version?

Sun 26 May 2019, 23:18

Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong place, or I've missed this information somewhere. Just downloaded my PDF, and flicking through it I notice that it's very dark, not that printer friendly - I hate using PDFs on my laptop as I have trouble with my eyes, and I typically print them out for my own use; so I was just wondering if there might be plans to make the PDF a little more printer friendly? 

Umberto Octo

Re: PDF Printer-friendly version?

Mon 27 May 2019, 02:30

You can remove the background layer and still keep the text. It's not a perfect solution, but it's quick to do and economic for the printer.
"Se til helvete å komme dere vekk. Det er ikke en bikkje! Det er en slags TING!
Det imiterer en bikkje. Det er ikke virkelig! Kom dere vekk, IDIOTER!"

eldath

Tue 28 May 2019, 09:52

The problem I am seeing with printing this without the background is that some of the graphics are included in this. I always appreciate it when a publisher gives us access to the layers but it would be nice to be able to remove the background without losing things like the ship maps and such. Also I hope that they don't use this layout in the book because it seems to waste so much space. Don't get me wrong, the art is nice and it can be a problem if a book is just walls of text, but this quickstart feels like it has been spread over more pages than it needed to. 

Glimpse

Tue 28 May 2019, 16:46

I'd love a printer-friendly stripped down version as well.

The art is nice and the background adds to the feel while reading the PDF, but having to print off 168 pages of it from any machine seems to be a bit excessive. 

The printer-friendly version could just contain the rules, maps and characters from Chariots and it would serve just fine for those of who like hardcopies, or have eye problems like cyrodilicbrandy and myself.

Tomas
Site Admin

Wed 29 May 2019, 17:53

Hi!

A printer-friendly version is something we're looking into, we'll see what we can do. :)
Fria Ligan

Glimpse

Wed 29 May 2019, 23:00

Hi!

A printer-friendly version is something we're looking into, we'll see what we can do. :)
That is excellent news! Thank you, Tomas!

eldath

Thu 30 May 2019, 00:50

Awesome  :)

cyrodilicbrandy
Topic Author

Fri 31 May 2019, 11:51

Woohoo, thank you! 
For now, I'm just taking reading through everything nice and slowly so I don't strain myself. :P

finarvyn

Sat 01 Jun 2019, 04:20

I just logged in to ask the very question in the original post of the thread. Since it's been asked and answered, I'll just chime in with another vote for a printer-friendly PDF. My printer thanks you. :D
Marv / Finarvyn
Fell in love with Tales from The Loop, Vaesen, 5E LotRR ... Now hooked on Dragonbane, which still should be called Drakar och Demoner IMO. Played OD&D since 1975..

VaeVictis9

Sat 01 Jun 2019, 13:54

A printer friendly character sheet and condensed rules would be great.