Wolfclaw
Topic Author

Talen Limit?

Mon 29 Jun 2020, 19:43

Hey guys. :)

I am playing two different campaigns and I just wonder if there is a limit on how many talens can a PC have? I searched over the rules but there is no indication on any limits, however on roll20 character sheet there is a limit of 4 talents. Is this something that GM needs to decide, it would be great to get an official answer.

Thanks for your answers!

Fenhorn

Re: Talen Limit?

Mon 29 Jun 2020, 19:51

There is no limit. There is a limited amount of space on the character sheet, that's all.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Vindictus

Mon 29 Jun 2020, 19:54

There isnt a limit to number of talents.

If you run a longer term campaign I recommend making additional talents cost more

Otherwise it gets too easy for players to collect all the good talents.

For example something like the first talent they buy is 10, second is 15, third is 20, etc...

You can do the same thing with skills and make skill advancement cost more the higher the skill theyre trying to advance is.

The reason I prefer doing that over just awarding less XP is because I like to award consistent amounts of XP. I dont like doing the silly questions thing because once people learn the questions they try to game the system. Making extra talents and higher skills cost more also encourages players to spend their XP differently, theyll often spend it on putting points in skills they dont have yet, instead of spending it on talents and maxing out a fewer number of skills. Making it harder for players to specialize helps keep the dice pools smaller so things dont become too easy for the players.

Wolfclaw
Topic Author

Mon 29 Jun 2020, 20:07

Thanks for your answers! It did help a lot. :)