Konungr

Is Aliens: Colonial Marines still considered canon?

Wed 12 Jun 2019, 07:35

I know that game was a complete train wreck. At the time it was touted as having a story that would be considered canon. Is that still true for the purposes of this RPG?

I want to point out some issues with that games story being in any way official.

-Hicks is alive on LV426 and a captive of Weyland Yutani. ... Wut? They never actually explain how Hicks got there from the Sulaco. They just hand wave it away as "A story for another time". The person who who was still alive should have been Hudson. How good would it have been if he got pulled through the floor grates but managed to survive? The guy who said "17 days! I've got a news flash for you, we ain't gunna last 17 hours!" managed to survive on his own for the whole 17 days?

-The nuclear reactors of Hadleys Hope blew up at the end of Aliens wiping the site off the face of the planet. ... And yet you go there and walk around it 17 days later without suffering from drastic radiation poison or you know... the whole place being a pile of rubble? It even still has power!

VaeVictis9

Re: Is Aliens: Colonial Marines still considered canon?

Wed 12 Jun 2019, 07:52

It is not mentioned on the timeline in the PDF. Pages 12 and 13.
GZIP: Off