AlexanderMars

Re: Space Combat?

Wed 05 Jun 2019, 00:45

Personally I hope space combat in the game goes something like.

There’s red flashing lights and sirens because the ship is under attack. You run from the cargo bay to bridge as fast as you can. By the time you get there the ships automatics have already deployed countermeasures and all you can do is pray.

Because as we know Alien isn’t Star Wars, it’s more like OMG everyone is dead wars. Even Drop-ship combat should be brutal and get deadly very fast. You’re not gonna be dog fighting at Mach 5 in the upper atmosphere, but you might glass an LZ before putting down an APC full of grunts.

Artcircus

Thu 06 Jun 2019, 16:25

There's mention in the CM Technical Manual of damage that the Sulaco took from an anti satellite missile spread years prior to the LV426 mission. Essentially Mother handles all the course corrections, decoy depoyments and counter fire with minimal human interaction. Six missiles were launched and Sulaco dropped decoy blimps or something similar to mimic the Sulaco's signal. The Sulaco then spoofed her own signal and pretended to be a decoy.  Four missiles took the bait and went for the actual decoys and two decided to go for the Sulaco pretending, very obviously to be a decoy, because they thought it was the actual ship, which it was. In this instance Mother had been too clever for her own good as her double bluff didn't work and two missiles ploughed into her dropship bays and gutted them.
I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.

Birdie_Sparrow

Sun 09 Jun 2019, 17:24

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate..."

AlexanderMars

Sun 09 Jun 2019, 20:14

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate..."
https://alienanthology.fandom.com/wiki/ ... e_Timeline

I’m not sure how I feel about tying two of my favourite properties together so tightly, however it does make sense. It actually backs up the argument that space combat would be mostly automated because the response times would require either a synthetic or just kissing your ass goodbye.

Also, if blade runner and alien are on the same timeline then you should just throw Elysium and Chappie in there as well. Those movies make more sense to than Prometheus, but I digress.

Konungr

Wed 12 Jun 2019, 08:04

Blade Runner is canon if Alien Isolation is. Alien Isolation has logs that talk about Tyrell and his "puppets" project and how the synthetics were more reliable and had more of a future.

BR also has the Weyland Yutani logo somewhere.
Also the gun emplacements used in Firefly are produced by Weyland Yutani. Take that however you want.

Birdie_Sparrow

Wed 12 Jun 2019, 22:42

BR and Aliens are supposed to be on the same timeline as I recall.
GZIP: Off