Toneturbo
Topic Author

Question on Stamina, Pushing and Stress dice

Fri 26 Jul 2019, 04:01

When characters make a Death roll (using Stamina), you cannot push the roll or use STRESS dice. See page 65.  Is this also true for Sickness rolls? It seems like it should since it is not a situation where the character is taking an action.

Are there other situations where Stamina rolls can't be pushed?  I'm wondering about the Stamina rolls associated with the checks made for hazards?  The example on page 72 for Freezing doesn't take pushing into account, but failing the check does add STRESS dice that will be included to the next roll.

Thanks!

Tomas
Site Admin

Re: Question on Stamina, Pushing and Stress dice

Wed 14 Aug 2019, 19:35

All skill rolls can be pushed unless specified otherwise.
Fria Ligan

Toneturbo
Topic Author

Thu 15 Aug 2019, 19:52

Hi Tomas,

Thank you!

Konungr

Sat 17 Aug 2019, 07:22

The idea is that yes, you are sick or freezing, but the stress allows you to dig deep into your reserves and maybe get a second wind to persevere.

However, if you are mortally wounded, it doesn't matter how stressed you are. Dying is dying.

Attackmack

Mon 19 Aug 2019, 13:00

Im still confused that Stamina is a skill and not an attribute!
All the years of programming my brain that Stamina is an attribute is not easily overwritten XD

Fenhorn

Mon 19 Aug 2019, 14:05

Im still confused that Stamina is a skill and not an attribute!
All the years of programming my brain that Stamina is an attribute is not easily overwritten XD
If you starts to train, like running, you will get (eventually) better or even a much better stamina than you had before you started to train. A body in a good shape are more likely to stay healthy.
In Alien (as well as in all other Year Zero games), attributes can't be trained, only skills can. So Stamina, which is something that you can train, is a skill.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Toneturbo
Topic Author

Thu 22 Aug 2019, 19:40

The idea is that yes, you are sick or freezing, but the stress allows you to dig deep into your reserves and maybe get a second wind to persevere.

However, if you are mortally wounded, it doesn't matter how stressed you are. Dying is dying.
Hi.  Thank you!  I appreciate the further explanation on this.  It makes perfect sense.