decanox

Revealed Androids

Wed 03 Jul 2019, 21:46

Sorry, but from the beginning it's difficult for me to understand some rules regarding androids:

1) When an unrevealed android character is broken, which is the critical injury table the character has to roll? Human (page 160) or synthetic (page 75)? I ask this because on page 105 (referring to secret android, lucas) is unclear where to roll since an unrevealed android plays as a human according to page 105. It only says: "Only if Lucas suffers a critical injury is the android automatically revealed since- as it bleeds white, not red".

2) If the table used for critical injuries is the human table, what happens if the player rolls 11 (winded), 12 (stunned), 13 (crippling pain) or 14 (sprained ankle) among some others? There is no blood on these injuries.

3) When injured, does the android receive the +3 strength and mobility? Even if the player has rolled 63-66 on the critical injuries table for humans or 6 on the critical injuries for synthetics? In that case, since the android has 3 new health points, does it come to life again?

4) Can an android reveal voluntarily?

aramis

Re: Revealed Androids

Wed 03 Jul 2019, 22:14

#4 is easy: Not in this adventure, as it's part of the agenda to remain undiscovered.

#1 I think is Android. At which the limiters in software go away, and the stats go up.
I think #2 and #3 are irrelevant, as the reveal comes with the crit
—————————————————————————
Smith & Wesson: the original point and click interface...

Toneturbo

Thu 04 Jul 2019, 04:19

No worries.

For questions 1, 2, and 3 I would say the following - Once Lucas suffers enough damage to yield a critical result, before actually rolling it, I would reveal him as a android.  Then, per the rules, I would immediately make the additions to his stats and health.   Finally, I would continue forward with the actual critical roll on the Synthetics chart to resolve the damage suffered as a synthetic.

For 4, I would also say Lucas should not voluntarily reveal himself if he going to follow his agendas.

decanox

Thu 04 Jul 2019, 09:59

Thanks for the answers.

So I would use the synthetic table then (not the human one).

About 2 and 3, I would do what Toneturbo has said. I will adjust the stats to the character, then roll on the table. I think it's important because my idea is that the player could continue to keep playing his android if we are in act III (that is, my idea is to not play PvP effect in act III).

Thanks!
GZIP: Off