Attackmack
Topic Author

Pushing rolls and stress; specific situation

Tue 04 Jun 2019, 22:55

Scenario:

A character has a stress level of 1 and have just made a skill check with 5 skill dice and 1 stress die.
The stress die is the only one showing a 6 and now the player wishes to push the roll hoping for extra 6s.

The player grabs the 5 skill dice that failed, but should he/she add 1 or 2 stress dice to the reroll? The first stress die is showing a 6 and wont be rerolled, but the rules say "when making skill rolls, including the immediate reroll when pushing, add a number of stress dice to your pool equal to your current stress level".

I would say add 2 but not sure if im missing something?

Fenhorn

Re: Pushing rolls and stress; specific situation

Wed 05 Jun 2019, 00:52

Since you pushed a skill, that means that you gain one stress. So the push roll will be with 5 base dice and 1 stress dice, having 1 stress dice showing a success from before the push.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Attackmack
Topic Author

Re: Pushing rolls and stress; specific situation

Wed 05 Jun 2019, 13:55

Since you pushed a skill, that means that you gain one stress. So the push roll will be with 5 base dice and 1 stress dice, having 1 stress dice showing a success from before the push.
Aah alrite, so the reroll is not a separate dice pool itself. That sounds reasonable and feels more intuitive than my interpretation.