ehemkeh
Topic Author

Use of Miniatures with the rules

Mon 03 Jun 2019, 21:42

I have a lot of painted up Alien and USMC 28 mm minis from a company that recently lost the license.   I also have full set of 3D MDF terrain painted up.  As someone who runs games at conventions, I am hoping to be able to use my minis with these rules.   I play a lot of RPGs but I am not familiar with any of the ones that were reference in the description for this game.   Does anyone have familiarity with the base systems and use of minis? 

Attackmack

Re: Use of Miniatures with the rules

Mon 03 Jun 2019, 22:22

I know that Coriolis (another SciFi game using this ruleset as base) includes rules and guidelines for using maps and miniatures. If Alien will include this as well I wouldnt know but id be surprised if it didnt.
And even if it doesnt, theres nothing stopping you from using maps and models anyway! One way or another characters will be moving around so why not use that awesome setup of yours to visually represent it :)

Deep_Impact

Mon 03 Jun 2019, 22:22

Miniatures are usable, but more for the overview not for exact movement, like 'He passed my I get an attack of opportunity'.

See here: https://youtu.be/ninHLm2DcQU

ehemkeh
Topic Author

Tue 04 Jun 2019, 15:25

Miniatures are usable, but more for the overview not for exact movement, like 'He passed my I get an attack of opportunity'.

See here: https://youtu.be/ninHLm2DcQTh
Yeah that's good, I just want as many visual tools available to help with descriptions.

Deep_Impact

Tue 04 Jun 2019, 15:30

Sure, but remember, that horror favors more from imagination than visualisation.