Buio
Topic Author

Crusader Kings board game

Sat 19 May 2018, 17:34

Free League Publishing is working on a Crusader Kings board game in cooperation with Paradox Entertainment. It takes inspiration from the widely popular computer game Crusader Kings II.

It will be supported by a Kickstarter which has started today.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/11 ... dynasty-to

A prototype is availalbe to play for the people at PDX CON 2018 taking place this weekend.

Trailer

Buio
Topic Author

Re: Crusader Kings board game

Sun 20 May 2018, 05:53

The Kickstarter for the boardgame blew past it's goal and is almost at double it after 1 day. This will probably be one of the most well funded Free League games.

Kahless

Thu 24 May 2018, 04:31

Seems like a good game put the map is very small. They really need to increase the map size even if the stretch goal is not met.

Buio
Topic Author

Sat 26 May 2018, 11:57

Seems like a good game put the map is very small. They really need to increase the map size even if the stretch goal is not met.
When you point it out, it looks small. I guess the focus in gameplay is not only the map but the cards and player boards.

Kahless

Sun 27 May 2018, 09:38

So for such a big game I'm surprised there is not more forum activity, and no forum setup on paradox.

Safe-Keeper

Sun 27 May 2018, 14:25

So I was thinking: the computer games made by Paradox have weekly dev diaries on their forums, Paradoz Plaza. Would you care to reach out to the Paradox forum staff and see if you can write some dev diaries for your board game and have them posted on the PP forums? Would be hugely interesting to hear more about development of your games :) .

I've asked on the Paradox Plaza forums if the board game adaptations could get their own sub-forum(s).

Game board is apparently going to be bigger, but having read the rule book, I understand why it wouldn't have needed to be bigger than it is in that photo/render. It's not like Risk or A&A where you build large armies which take up space.

Kahless

Sun 27 May 2018, 17:49

I wonder if there is a moderator for this forum or any admin presence wish I could go to PDXCon but can't justify the expense to hop the pond.

Tomas
Site Admin

Sun 27 May 2018, 22:29

Hi!

Most discussions about the board game are currently happening on the Kickstarter page and in the Board Game Geek page for the game. :)
Fria Ligan

Buio
Topic Author

Wed 30 May 2018, 19:30

They unlocked "Larger game map" as a goal recently.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/11 ... dynasty-to

Safe-Keeper

Sat 14 Jul 2018, 17:01

I was actually happy with it the way it was, would've taken up less space on a table. Remember, you'll never have more than, at most, three units in each province (castle, footsoldier, knight), so there's no need for the map to be larger.