Daarkh
Topic Author

A Deck of Magic Spells

Sun 09 Jan 2022, 14:36

As a request on the Forbidden Lands Facebook group, some people wanted to have cards for their spells.
So I made them, got them approved by Free League publishing and they are now available on Drivethrurpg.
I hope they makes your gaming sessions in the Forbidden Lands even better.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/38 ... k-of-Magic
(En svensk version kommer senare)

Konungr

Re: A Deck of Magic Spells

Mon 10 Jan 2022, 02:28

I have been developing a similar thing but covering much larger parts of the game (basically for myself. I don't know that free league would give me permission to distribute). Got a preview image of one of the spell cards so we can see what they are like?

shane18

Tue 11 Jan 2022, 17:40

This is really cool. I’ve been writing mine down on blank business cards. LOL! (Although… My handwriting is very neat).

Daarkh
Topic Author

Sun 16 Jan 2022, 21:22

I have been developing a similar thing but covering much larger parts of the game (basically for myself. I don't know that free league would give me permission to distribute). Got a preview image of one of the spell cards so we can see what they are like?
I contacted Free Leauge support, sent them a copy of the deck and asked if it was ok. They replied that most of the text in the book is not ok to reproduce. But they allowed this one, as it was just pure data and some spells has such long text, that I had to cut some out and put in a reference to the book instead.

You can see a preview of them at https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/38 ... k-of-Magic

Konungr

Mon 17 Jan 2022, 15:43

I addressed the length of the text by doing them in a Tarot sized card and the only one that ended up needing to be front and back was the Raise Dead spell.

Daarkh
Topic Author

Mon 17 Jan 2022, 18:04

I addressed the length of the text by doing them in a Tarot sized card and the only one that ended up needing to be front and back was the Raise Dead spell.
Good thinking. I went with the classic Poker card size, since I always have sleeves for them at home, and I like them better then FLs bridge sized cards.

Konungr

Mon 17 Jan 2022, 22:21

Yeah normally i would go standard poker sized for things as well. But like... I made a critical deck. The cards have the die roll on the bottom and a symbol for each of Slash, Bash, Stab, Horror, and Magic Mishap. Then the effects of each. Fitting every crit result on the card required more space to keep it all in one deck. So Tarot was just the way to go.

Daarkh
Topic Author

Tue 18 Jan 2022, 11:29

Here is the second deck, with the spells from the Bitter Reach module.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/38 ... tter-Magic