Elvenblade
Topic Author

Saved Actions

Tue 19 Oct 2021, 12:00

Hi, new to the game and so may well have missed it in the text during initial reading

I know actions cannot be carried across to the next round but where does it say actions can be saved for reaction purposes later in the round?
A player can trade initiative with other players but am I right in thinking if a player has initiative and decides to not act they can keep 2 fast actions for parrying/dodge as later defence?

Fenhorn

Re: Saved Actions

Tue 19 Oct 2021, 12:57

If you do a reactive action before it is your turn, you spend a fast action so you now have one fast action less when it is your turn, if you do two reactive actions before it is your turn, you don't have any actions left when it is your turn. If you don't use one or both of your actions when it is your turn, you have one or two actions to use during the rest of the round that you can use as reactive actions.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Elvenblade
Topic Author

Tue 19 Oct 2021, 13:07

That's what I assumed but couldn't see it explicitly stated that unused actions could be saved for defence later.

Fenhorn

Tue 19 Oct 2021, 14:14

Perhaps they thought it was obvious because if you couldn't save your actions to be used as reactive actions later in the round, to win initiative would be the worst thing ever - you attack and the opponent dodges and then he attacks you and you just stand there.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore